Top 3: Rants!

Started by Leon, 13 January 2011, 04:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

13 January 2011, 04:27:14 AM Last Edit: 20 February 2011, 01:13:55 AM by Leon
OK then, what are your Top 3 personal gripes, rants, pet hates?  Those little things that just annoy you, but other people don't seem bothered by?

For me:

People parking in my space outside my house - There's not much parking on my street as it is, but when the snow was around, all the people from the smaller back streets decided to steal my spot.  Get your bag of spanners car off my front.

Light bulbs & trip switches - Why is it when one bulb blows, it knocks out every light in the whole house?  And then I have to fumble around in the dark trying to flick the trip switch with a long stick.

Fog lights - People who quite happily drive straight at you with their fog lights on because they think it makes them look 'kewl'.  Turn 'em off, it's annoying.  And while we're on it, why do normal headlights seem so much brighter than they used to?

>:(   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

exilesjjb

People who do not indicate in their car >:(, I am not psyhic you know where your going let the rest of us know dam it

Painters who think painting for wargames is a lesser skill than display painting

People who think teachers have it easy cus they get lots of holidays, I come from a family of teachers so I know how hard they have to work (why do you think I did not follow the family)
Peace
James Brewerton (Exiles Painting)

capthugeca

In no particular order:-

1. People who stay in the middle lane of a three-lane carriageway, rather than using it for overtaking.  >:(

2. All-singing, all-dancing websites that are very attractive and clever but I can't find any of the most basic information on them! #-o

3. People who try to play politics wiith people. You know fully well that they have plans for you and know more than they're telling you but they won't let you know.  :-X

4. Thopse ruddy long pauses before telling someone whether they're in or out of a contest.  :!!

5. People who have to push the boundaries and break the rules just for the sake of it  :-[
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

FierceKitty

1) Posters who treat English grammar as a personal enemy.
2) Brits who automatically treat everything American as inferior.
3) Yanks who never consider that perhaps it is.
   Umm...only three? Nothing about instant coffee, curry powders, prudes on nude beaches, rock "music", 3rd world politicians, new world politicians, old world politicians, the pet racist at our wargames club...(frothing at the mouth, he collapses over the keyboard).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

sixsideddice

13 January 2011, 01:18:52 PM #4 Last Edit: 13 January 2011, 01:44:02 PM by sixsideddice
People parking in my space outside my house

THATS my number 1 gripe GRRRRRRR!!!! I lived in a house for 7 years and had my own parking space.... but it didn`t stop everyone and his dog from parking in it. So I had my number put in my space in BIG fec**** white paint - did this work? Not one bit, even the neighbour’s friends when they came to call on her used to park in my space... you`d have thought the number of times she saw me raving and cursing she`d have got the message to ask her friends kindly to park in one of the un-numbered spaces ten feet further on, but no.

So, I moved house a year ago, and again I have my own parking space outside the house; but STILL everyone seems to think my personal space is theirs for the taking GRRRRRRR.

New Years Eve a stranger (turned out it was a woman) parked 1 inch from my bumper (tree right behind me) and left her car all that night and most of New Years Day. Had to get taxis to sheppard my kids back and forth GRRRRRRRR!!!!

(2) Women gossiping in tight knit groups on the street, at the bar, outside the school, at social gatherings, in queues at the bank, over the shop counter.... or ANYWHERE more than one woman can meet another woman she can gossip with.

(3) The sucking in noise all Car Mechanics make when asked "How much will it cost?"

NTM

13 January 2011, 01:41:22 PM #5 Last Edit: 13 January 2011, 01:43:38 PM by NTM
People putting their shopping trolley in one place then looking at something at the other end of the aisle (if you do this when I'm around you will find it's moved).

Waiters/waitresses constantly asking if everything is ok - other than the interuptions from staff yes.

Cyclists running red lights - the highway code applies to you too.

Nosher

Political correctness and the oxygen thiefs that peddle the nonsense in the first place :d

Those eternal doom merchants whom whenever anyone wants to get excited about the occasional sporting prowess of English Cricketers seem intent on reminding me that we will only end up with egg on our faces next time we meet the same opponents. The whole point of sport is being the best at that given moment in time else what's the point..... :d

People who have nowt to say and say it way too loud. Generally speaking thats politicians and 'socially upwardly mobile twats' :d

Other than that life's cool 8)

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Megamatman

In no particular order:

Exchange Archiving Solution (EAS) - we've even created a website a http://www.easisalsoasgayaschips.tk/

When the tab on the seal of sauce bottles tears off leaving the seal completely intact -  >:(

The guy who lives over the road from me - he's just a complete knob  ;D
Megamatman

goat major

Quote from: Megamatman on 13 January 2011, 03:36:50 PM
The guy who lives over the road from me - he's just a complete knob  ;D

thats me.... :o

;)
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: capthugeca on 13 January 2011, 08:45:56 AM
1. People who stay in the middle lane of a three-lane carriageway, rather than using it for overtaking.  >:(

I must admit to doing this, but only when the roads are quiet, it saves me having to pull out for every HGV!  But if people come up behind me, I pull in to let them past.

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Derek H

Quote from: sixsideddice on 13 January 2011, 01:18:52 PM
People parking in my space outside my house

So, I moved house a year ago, and again I have my own parking space outside the house; but STILL everyone seems to think my personal space is theirs for the taking GRRRRRRR.

Unless it's a private road and you are responsible for repairs then you've no more right to that space than anyone else.

If a road's publicly owned (and there are no by-laws specifying otherwise) then anyone at all is allowed to park there.  If you are really lucky you can wind up like my uncle -  he has to pay for a residents parking permit and still isn't guaranteed the parking space outside his house.

If you want private parking you can put hard-standing in your front garden.

Leon

Quote from: Derek H on 13 January 2011, 05:14:56 PM
Unless it's a private road and you are responsible for repairs then you've no more right to that space than anyone else.

Well, legally speaking, you're right.....

But it's about common courtesy!  Get out of my space!

:D

Sandinista

1: Those people who say "I'm not racist but..." F*** off, you ARE an ignorant racist c***!!
2: Car drivers who do not look for motorbikes, the number of times idiots pull out on me is stupid. It's got to the point now I expect it. All road users to re-test every 5 years - if you fail you are banned until you pass.
3: W*****s who resort to threats of violence on message boards.

Dazza

Quote from: Sandinista on 13 January 2011, 05:35:56 PM
2: Car drivers who do not look for motorbikes,

and mine is : motorbike riders who dont look out for cars :)

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

Leon

I'm adding:

Sky Sports News - For making some of the text on the screen so small you need a 50" TV to be able to read any of it!