Libertad! now available!

Started by Leon, 01 September 2020, 01:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

01 September 2020, 01:14:03 AM Last Edit: 29 September 2020, 10:52:01 PM by Leon

Libertad! is a supplement for the popular Blitzkrieg Commander IV wargames rules, focussing on the Spanish Civil War from 1936-1939.

Written by Mark Fry and Rob Anderson, Libertad! contains 23 new army lists for the various factions present in this conflict, plus 5 historical scenarios complete with maps by Henry Hyde, as well as new rules for Line Commanders, Street Barricades, Molotov Cocktails and more.

This supplement isavailable as a pdf through Wargame Vault here: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/326490/Libertad

The printed copies of Libertad! have arrived and are now available on our website, at a bargain £6 for this 36 page supplement. Grab yours here: https://pendraken.co.uk/rules/blitzkrieg-commander/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

01 September 2020, 07:26:07 AM #3 Last Edit: 01 September 2020, 07:30:20 AM by Steve J
Excellent news and can't wait for the hard copy :). Maybe time to revisit my SCW/AVBCW collection and finish off some units that have been in the queue for rather a long time.

mmcv

Excellent, been awaiting this to inspire my AVBCW lists

Scorpio_Rocks

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Little known fact: The Iconic photograph is not of a fighter but 17 year old Marina Ginestà, a reporter posing with a rifle for her photographer friend.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Leon

Quote from: Scorpio_Rocks on 01 September 2020, 11:01:56 AM
Little known fact: The Iconic photograph is not of a fighter but 17 year old Marina Ginestà, a reporter posing with a rifle for her photographer friend.

Indeed it is, here's another pic of her shortly before she passed away a few years ago: 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Leon on 01 September 2020, 11:04:31 PM
Indeed it is, here's another pic of her shortly before she passed away a few years ago: 
Cool picture!
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Aksu

Excellent news!
Perhaps to celebrate this momentous release "Spanish Land", the 1937 film with narration by Hemingway has just popped up on youtube - something to watch while painting all those heroic anarchists and milicianos!
https://youtu.be/L7ti8qvi_8I
Cheers,
Aksu

Steve J

Thanks for the 'heads up' Aksu :). Some great footage there 8).

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Six part series about the Spanish Civil War. Narrated by Frank Finlay and, appropriately enough, produced by Granada TV (That's a British TV station) in 1983. I've not had any spark of interest in the SCW at all, but this series done in the World At War style is engrossing.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Thanks for this which I've never heard of before. Maybe being at Uni without a telly meant I missed it.

Leon

The printed copies of Libertad! have arrived and are now available on our website, at a bargain £6 for this 36 page supplement. Grab yours here: https://pendraken.co.uk/rules/blitzkrieg-commander/

Steve J

Great news! Now I can add it to my list of other bits and pieces :).