Current turnaround time on orders?

Started by Sean Clark, 27 August 2020, 09:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Hot off the press!

Film of Leon and Milady in the new home.

Buster Keaton, "One Week". Brilliant! 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Leon on 29 August 2020, 12:42:53 AM
We're discovering that the previous owners have 'bodged' quite a lot of the work they've done, so as we move things about we keep finding more little jobs that need to be done.  As an example, every single stair on the staircase has got a 20mm slab of plywood glued, screwed and sealed onto the back board, shortening the depth of each stair tread.  We think they've done it to remove the lip/overhang of each tread and make it easier to fit the carpets themselves?

You didn't buy it from Frank Spencer by any chance?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

I think you do Mi'Lady a disservice Nobby
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 29 August 2020, 06:55:36 PM
Film of Leon and Milady in the new home.

:D

Something like that!  Today we discovered that they've taken two spurs from one kitchen plug socket and added two new double sockets, but then hidden both new sockets behind the cupboards where they can't be accessed.  And then another spur + socket on the other side which they've also blocked completely with a cupboard unit.  It's crackers.

The stairs are fixed now though, all of the weird back boards have come off and opened up the treads to the correct depth again.  Time to put my electrician hat on next...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Leon on 30 August 2020, 12:06:31 AM
Time to put my electrician hat on next...

Flowers or charity donations ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

QuoteFlowers or charity donations ?

Very good Ian ;D. Electrics, gas and plumbing I leave to those in the know!

Techno

Under the wall cupboards in the kitchen, we've got three mini 'tube' lights.

They appear to be wired in...But we've never found the on/off switch for them, in fifteen years. :(

Cheers - Phil

Phil, take the bulb out and put a metal handeled screw driver into the socket, that'll tell you if they are wired up.

steve_holmes_11

Something like that!  Today we discovered that they've taken two spurs from one kitchen plug socket and added two new double sockets, but then hidden both new sockets behind the cupboards where they can't be accessed.  And then another spur + socket on the other side which they've also blocked completely with a cupboard unit.  It's crackers.

The stairs are fixed now though, all of the weird back boards have come off and opened up the treads to the correct depth again.  Time to put my electrician hat on next...

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.

mmcv

Quote from: Techno on 30 August 2020, 08:29:55 AM
Under the wall cupboards in the kitchen, we've got three mini 'tube' lights.

They appear to be wired in...But we've never found the on/off switch for them, in fifteen years. :(

Cheers - Phil

I had some of those, the coil of wires was taking up a fair amount of space in the cabinet so thought I'd cut them back and cap. Thought I'd turned off the most likely switches at the box, but rubber glove and rubber coated wire clippers just in case and right enough, clamped it down and BANG. No idea what the last guy had wired to.

Six years later we're still finding odd things the last owner did. He tried to do a lot of stuff himself and just didn't do a very clean job of it. Spent most of last weekend in the roof space and bathroom rewiring the lights and fan he'd made a mess of which we realised when we went to put a new light up...

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 30 August 2020, 09:13:44 AM
Phil, take the bulb out and put a metal handeled screw driver into the socket, that'll tell you if they are wired up.

'Knowing' how the chap that did a load of work to Techno Towers 18 + years ago....He's probably 'teed' things.

I'd never be surprised, if somehow the extractor fan over the hob, or something else, (The fridge, or washing machine sockets) acts as a breaker/'starter.'

Can't be bothered to investigate it anymore. Life's too short. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 30 August 2020, 12:07:53 PM
Certainly is at your age Phil    8)

You're hardly a Spring Chicken, yourself, Ian. ;)

You must be very close to Von's age..(From what you've previously posted).

I think you and Von will be getting your State Pensions, within days of each other..........HUZZAH ! Free money !

Cheers - Phil :)

Been getting mine since 06/01/2020  :'(