Bedford TK RAF Mobile Control Tower in N gauge/10mm

Started by Sunray, 27 August 2020, 07:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

There is a company makes this model.  Can anyone help? :)

GrumpyOldMan

Hello James

Only one I can find is by PG-Models which sadly is no more.

Info from the blog shows last orders sent out on 25/6. https://pgmodels.wordpress.com/. Pictures of his stuff here.https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPkW0UFVltUqzapErmDdvxRsnj5wmeE_sAmRzWqyQVToSxhLWfRFHWQQ2_7iDebaA?key=TEo5dzEzMk5kbEd1eTBqdE9USmdUTUZWTmRsbEpn

To quote that epitome of the bleeding obvious, Maxwell Smart - "Missed it by that much!"

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Sunray

Hi Vic

Thanks for taking the time to research and reply.   Since posting, I dug up my old files on PG Models - I remembered the title reflected the owner's name - Paul Grandy

PG- Models was a unique business.  Paul was an N gauge modelling enthuiast.  His models were designed to be static on large railway dioramas, not wargames.

The detail was crisp 1/152, and he used peweter.  His models were posted out in highend blister packaging.

In early 2020, he got hit with a double wammy of (a) internet provision trouble and (b) the initial uncertainity over COVID.   To a one man band the hobby that made a modest pound or two seems to have been too much hassle.

As we stand poised on Pendraken Cold War production, some of Paul's items like the magnificent Mexaflote would have found a few tables to beach on!  He also did an RCL but in 1/200.

I note he has retained his moulds.    :)

pierre the shy

Quote from: Sunray on 28 August 2020, 09:41:59 AM
As we stand poised on Pendraken Cold War production

Would you like to expand on what that means exactly Sunray, (only if you are able to/alllowed to of course)? The Chieftains and Leopards talked about early this year......not that I need any 10mm modern stuff of course......
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Sunray

28 August 2020, 10:25:46 AM #4 Last Edit: 28 August 2020, 10:27:43 AM by Sunray
Pendraken Rumour Control can only comment that - as the AFV range would suggest - there are firm plans to  produce Arab-Israeli 1973 figures, and a small range of Soviets and US to compliment the Falklands Range -  Brits as BAOR and Argentine to proxy as Dutch.  Quite a few of the Korean range will also proxy.

Figure research is at an advanced stage and Techno is stacking his wine bottle corks.

Leon has posted us remote control lights for our desks - when they flash"GREEN" - we go.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The Argentines will alos pass as Danes, and possibly Norwgians. The MG's are wrong for West Germans but you would only need one figure with an MG3 to do them. Not certain when the Bulpup rifle was introduced, but prior to that they should also pass as French. And obviously Belguims
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 28 August 2020, 10:25:46 AM
Figure research is at an advanced stage and Techno is stacking his wine bottle corks.

Thatsh a bit of an exhaghersshon jusht not true. (Hic)

Cheersh - Phil.  (Burp) ;)

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sultanbev

Maybe Pendraken could make an offer to buy the moulds, or licence production from them....

Mark

pierre the shy

Thanks for the reply Sunray....another range to keep on "overwatch" for 2021 purhaps?   ;)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Sunray

Quote from: Techno on 28 August 2020, 03:58:46 PM
Thatsh a bit of an exhaghersshon jusht not true. (Hic)

Cheersh - Phil.  (Burp) ;)

Its always corks from freshly opened bottles !  That's Phil's issue. 

Yes, 2021 should see the advent of Pendtraken modern.

I note Paul is hanging on to his moulds. As the threads indicate, he may well cast up a few for his own pleasure.  A lot of his kit were diorama orientated -  whereas wargames tables are in scale the Killing Ground and then immediate FU area- so we don't really need diorama articles like tank transporters, and bousers/ tankers.

Raider4

Quote from: Sunray on 29 August 2020, 09:10:28 AM

Eh? Wine comes with a screw top. Or sometimes in boxes . . .

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 29 August 2020, 09:10:28 AM

Ahem  ;)......I don't think I've ever used corks that have been in any sort of bottle.

The ones I use are 'virgin fresh'.....I buy 'em in packs of 30....Or, I used to.)

(Now... the fact that the 'Home brew' shop in Cardigan has gone.....I'm going to have to recycle all the ones that are in one of the drawers.....Until there's nothing left.)

Cheers - Phil :)

Sunray

.I'm going to have to recycle all the ones that are in one of the drawers....Until there's nothing left.)

Cheers - Phil :)

Because the nail was lost, the shoe was lost
Because the shoe was lost the horse was lost
Because the horse was lost the rider was lost
Because the rider was lost the dispatch was lost
Because the dispatch was lost, the battle was lost
Because the battle was lost, the war was lost.

Because the corks ran out, Pendraken ceased to release new figures !

APPEAL -  WINE BOTTLE CORKS (UNUSED) - KEEP PENDRAKEN IN PRODUCTION!