Uploading images to the forum using Imgur

Started by mmcv, 24 August 2020, 10:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Quote from: John Cook on 01 March 2021, 11:30:46 AM
Very helpful.  I've tried signing up but have yet to find a user name Imgur will accept.  Any ideas?

Alternatively, if you have a Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple or Yahoo account, you can login directly using that without having to make a separate imgur login. Above the registration form you'll see a Register with... and a series of symbols for those. I just signed up directly through my Google account so it's linked to that instead of making a brand new one for imgur.

Usernames are a pain though. If you don't have any accounts with the above systems, then yes adding in some numbers or symbols can help. since you can generally log in with your email address it doesn't matter too much if its something more obscure.

John Cook

Quote from: fred. on 01 March 2021, 12:25:00 PM
Add a bunch of numbers or letters to the end. Or string a number of words together

The bane of high usage systems, is unique user names

OK.  Thanks for that.  I'll give it a go.  I've set up a Flikr account so I will give that a go too.

John Cook

John Cook

Oh!  Seem to be getting somewhere.  I just need to discover how to make the image visible.

John Cook

John Cook

Seem to have cracked it,  I'm knackered now; going back to bed.

John Cook

29 March 2021, 01:56:16 AM #21 Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 02:20:35 AM by John Cook
Can anybody indulge me please?  I've cracked Flikr and now I've got a Imgur account.  I followed the instructions above to the point where I can get an image onto the forum, using the BBcode (Forums), but it is huge.  The instructions talk about the link being surrounded by img tags with which you can define height and width for the image.  All I see is the BBCode and no tags.  What have I missed?  Perhaps I need to size the image before doing anything else.  Thanks.

mmcv

Quote from: John Cook on 29 March 2021, 01:56:16 AM
Can anybody indulge me please?  I've cracked Flikr and now I've got a Imgur account.  I followed the instructions above to the point where I can get an image onto the forum, using the BBcode (Forums), but it is huge.  The instructions talk about the link being surrounded by img tags with which you can define height and width for the image.  All I see is the BBCode and no tags.  What have I missed?  Perhaps I need to size the image before doing anything else.  Thanks.

The tags are the bits that say img in square brackets, you can add dimensions to those. So when you paste in the bbcode you'll see something like this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DlpV01p.png[/img]

What you want to do is put the height or width into the square brackets after the img, like so:

[img width=800]https://i.imgur.com/DlpV01p.png[/img]
[img height=800]https://i.imgur.com/DlpV01p.png[/img]

You can put both height and width but it's generally best to use just one as it'll automatically scale the image to that and keep proportion.

John Cook

Very kind.  Thank you.  I'll give it a go. 

John Cook

29 March 2021, 11:39:28 PM #24 Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 11:42:11 PM by John Cook

That worked.  Some of my conversions of the Leyland Retriever.  Thanks for the help.

Techno II

fred.

Cracking work on those John - I have to admit I don't know what era they are from, I'm guessing 50s-60s?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

My initial thought was 1920s but the markings and wireless version pointed me at early WWII
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021