Balkans 1941

Started by Steve J, 21 August 2020, 01:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

A quick BKCII solo game played yesterday, really as an excuse to get some new tanks on the table. The Matilda II's, M11/39's and M13/40's are really very nice models and a joy to paint.

https://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.com/2020/08/balkans-1941.html

mmcv

Nice looking game and table, sorry to hear about your under floorboards leak.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hope the insurance is sorted.
Great looking game.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Thirded !

(The game, :) and the leak X_X)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Thanks chaps :). The insurance company have been excellent and am awaiting an appointment for a leak detection chap to pop round to try and find the source.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chris Pringle

Very nice, Steve.

I love all those early war tanks that were designed before people knew how to design tanks.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://groups.io/g/bloodybigbattles
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.com/

Steve J

A trip to Bovington does open ones eyes to the bizarre world of pre-war tank development. I remember the T-26 looking like a 'proper' tank compared to the others, then you see the T-34, the real game changer!

Raider4

Quote from: Steve J on 22 August 2020, 07:24:33 AM
A trip to Bovington does open ones eyes to the bizarre world of pre-war tank development. I remember the T-26 looking like a 'proper' tank compared to the others, then you see the T-34, the real game changer!

Also really emphasises the size differences. The Panther really is a monster compared to (say) the Cromwell.

Battleback

Great write up Steve! I also tend to forget about RECCE when I'm playing BKC4. I do find them useful most of the time but I think I forget about them because they aren't engaging in the fight like other units.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sunray

Steve, inspiring stuff. All that fun and not a Tiger or Sherman in sight.  Lots of enjoyment in early WW2. Thanks for posting.

Steve J

Thanks Sunray :). I enjoy early WWII as the tanks are fun to have and not too tough to really alter a game, famous last words!

Big Insect

Quote from: Steve J on 21 August 2020, 02:54:06 PM
Thanks chaps :). The insurance company have been excellent and am awaiting an appointment for a leak detection chap to pop round to try and find the source.

It is well worth seeing if you can buy a Leakbot - I think you can buy them for from Homeserve (assuming you can still do that): https://leakbot.io/

They simply clip onto your mains water pipe just inside the stop-cock and monitor the flow of water through the pipe - so even a tiny flow will register and report it to an app on your phone. It needs a bit of 'training' but will soon register what is normal usage and what is even a minor leak and will 'ping' you an alert. You can then hunt for the leak - which is often under a bath or sink or a washing machine or dishwasher and catch the leak early.

Handy little gadget ... as even if the Insurance does pay out, there is the policy excess and also all that irreplaceable damage and the hideous inconvenience of water damage.

Worth checking out
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

Thanks Mark. From the investigations it appears to have come from outside during the Biblical deluge of a month back, hence my recent concrete repairs by the front door.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

We do seem to be plauged by domestic disasters atm.  X_X
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021