Pendraken Painting Competition And Rules 2011!

Started by Leon, 13 January 2011, 03:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

13 January 2011, 03:11:03 AM Last Edit: 07 January 2012, 05:30:11 AM by Leon
As we have now passed the 500 member mark, it's time to announce the first ever 'Pendraken Painting Competition'!

The competition will be running for 4 weeks, starting on Feb 1st, and running through to the 28th.  There will be 4 categories:

Foot - Min: 3 / Max: 10 figures on a single base.
Mounted - Min: 3 / Max: 6 figures on a single base.
Vehicle - Single vehicle on or off base.
Open - Anything you'd like to put in, single figures, mini diorama's, anything.  Maximum base size of 60x60mm.

RULES

- Firstly, all figures must be Pendraken.  Conversions are allowed, but only on our figures.

- You must be a Forum member to enter.

- You may enter as many times as you like but each entry is only allowed one photo.  You can combine several shots into a montage if you wish, but still only one image.  If you have any difficulty posting pics, they can be emailed to Pendraken and we'll put them up for you.

- All entries must be your own work, and have not been entered into any online competitions before.

- You can post WIP photo's if you wish, and you can also post extra photo's of your work elsewhere on the Forum.  These will not count towards your competition entry.

- The winners will be decided by a team of judges (to be announced closer to the opening date).

- Competition threads will be created on the opening date, purely for your entries.

There will be some decent prizes up for grabs, so this is a great opportunity to get your hands on some Pendraken goodies!  Remember, the opening day for entries is 1st Feb, which gives you just enough time to get any figures ordered, grab your brushes and get busy!

If there's any questions, let us know!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

exilesjjb

Good stuff, I will def be puting a few entries in for this, is there a max file size for the photos or a max width
Peace
James Brewerton (Exiles Painting)

Leon

Quote from: exilesjjb on 13 January 2011, 03:20:11 AM
Good stuff, I will def be puting a few entries in for this, is there a max file size for the photos or a max width

No maximums really, I think most people will host them elsewhere, and link the images from there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Eldamarelf

I may be tempted to put some of my stuff up its not pro quality but holds up (well I think it does)

Tom H
aka Bilbo

mike40k

exilesjjb

have ordered a few bit ready to get painting
Peace

Pawel Chrzanowski

Leon

this is also open for me ?? :)

P.

blacksmith

Can we put pictures of finished works already published in our blogs, or do they have to be completely original and started to be painted now?

jfariahitech

Damn you  :d
What do I tell to my wife?!?!
I'm in!!
:-bd
Pendraken rules
Oh Yeah!!

Leon

Quote from: blacksmith on 13 January 2011, 12:03:38 PM
Can we put pictures of finished works already published in our blogs, or do they have to be completely original and started to be painted now?

We'd prefer new stuff, but for this first comp we won't insist on it.  Next year we will though!

Another quick point for everyone though, you can enter as many times as you like, but obviously this is within reason!

Pruneau

Boardgames: MMP ACW, ASL ᴥ BKC & SSOM - WW2 (In development) ᴥ Flying Lead - Sci-Fi: Shocktroops, Pulp, Spugs ᴥ WH - Greenskins, Dwarfs

http://hiording.blogspot.com - http://runequestfun.blogspot.com - http://secondsquadonme.blogspot.com

ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

exilesjjb

will you be setting up a gallery or will be post pictures in the thread?
Peace

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

capthugeca

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Leon

Quote from: exilesjjb on 13 January 2011, 10:31:48 PM
will you be setting up a gallery or will be post pictures in the thread?

The entries will initally be posted in an official thread, but we'll have a look at putting them into some kind of gallery for judging purposes.