French Indian Wars

Started by sean66, 20 August 2020, 01:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean66

Nick
I have been looking at Muskets and Tomahawks just ive seen a few other recommendations.
Ianr54
I was thinking in small groups due to the fact I know it was mostly in forested areas. but single based 10mm figures
with all them trees would be hard to keep track of. (not that im scared of individual figures got 6mm sci fi individually, and 6mm Necromunda)
and the figures based up in the photo's just seem to look a bit better in small groups.
regards
Sean

sean66

I stand corrected the figures are individually based ! ( :- now where did I see them based in groups of 2-3 ? or is Old Timers kicking in ?)
regards
Sean

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No probs - it were just a sugestion, may be pairs would work though. If singles 12.7mm square bases are fine.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

I've seen people do small groups for games like Rebels and Patriots, which is technically for individual-based models but works well with two or three 10mm on a similar-sized base. I've individually based some 10mm (well 12mm) fantasy figures on reasonably scenic bases, I think maybe 20mm or 25mm round. Any smaller than that could get pretty fiddly.

fred.

26 August 2020, 07:39:36 PM #19 Last Edit: 26 August 2020, 07:41:11 PM by fred.
I've done 10mm skirmish on 1, 2, 3 basing, as used in some of the later Dragon Rampant based rules (Pikeman's Lament and Rebels and Patriots). With this you base 1, 2 or 3 figures on a base and have units of 6 or 12 figures. You end up with half the bases compared to the total number of figures, so movement etc is easier. But you always have options to take off any number of casualties. And it lets you arrange the figures in different ways, without having to worry about individual figure positioning. I think I went with 15mm, 20mm and 25mm bases.

Here's a photo

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

That's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of, very nice Fred.

Techno

Even if I've seen those before, Forbes  :-\.......Those look absolutely cracking! :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

fred.

Cheers Phil, I did enjoy creating those, but not in a rush to do loads more
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

sean66

unfortunately I only get Internet on my Government work computer,  8)
so I cant see any of the photos or even download any photos of my own.
regards
Sean

mmcv

Quote from: sean66 on 27 August 2020, 01:37:19 PM
unfortunately I only get Internet on my Government work computer,  8)
so I cant see any of the photos or even download any photos of my own.
regards
Sean

:o The horror!  @-)

sean66

mmcv
they have no idea how important it is. I cant get on a lot of sites but luckily Pendraken seems to have its security clearance right.  :D
regards
Sean

mmcv

Quote from: sean66 on 28 August 2020, 05:05:02 AM
mmcv
they have no idea how important it is. I cant get on a lot of sites but luckily Pendraken seems to have its security clearance right.  :D
regards
Sean

I'm guessing they'd frown on using a VPN to get around such security restrictions too.  :(

I tend to use my phone for most browsing and forum stuff, I take it that's not an option either?

sean66

I have a UK sim so restricted on access over here.
Germans want too much info to get a German sim to use.
regards
Sean

mmcv

There are some international roaming data only sims you can get I think. Probably works out pretty pricey mind you!

Heedless Horseman

Very nice skirmish bases, Fred.

Recently went daft (Again!) and bought some 1/32 'Armies In Plastic'  figs for F&I War... AND ended up buying 'MASSIVE' box of 'Fish Tank' 'ferny'...ish vegettion! Think I may have misread the ebay ad! Nice figs... maybe someday... I NEVER learn.  ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)