Misplaced items

Started by Steve J, 15 August 2020, 05:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

30 September 2020, 02:10:29 AM #30 Last Edit: 30 September 2020, 02:45:27 AM by pierre the shy
Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 30 September 2020, 12:36:08 AM
Well a nice surprise this morning, the postman delivered a replacement pack of French Senior Officers. Much appreciated, will have to think about how they'll take charge in 1930s Indochina  :), I do have a spare N Gauge Citroen 11CV to carry them around. There's no date on the packet but I'm assuming that they took a long time to swim across to me here downunder  :D

I ordered some 1/600th decals a little while ago from the USA that took 41 days to get down here to NZ via airmail, I emailed the seller to confirm that they finally arrived, but he was saying that his record for longest delivery in 2020 is 49 days for a order to get from New Hampshire in the US across the pond to France.....
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

sean66

I feel a lot of the couriers seem to be using the dreaded Covid as an excuse at the moment.
seem's pipeline's seem to be extending (maybe its a lack of planes flying)
regards
Sean

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 30 September 2020, 12:36:08 AM
Well a nice surprise this morning, the postman delivered a replacement pack of French Senior Officers. Much appreciated, will have to think about how they'll take charge in 1930s Indochina  :), I do have a spare N Gauge Citroen 11CV to carry them around. There's no date on the packet but I'm assuming that they took a long time to swim across to me here downunder  :D

Always great dealing with the paragons of customer service at Pendraken.

Good to hear that they arrived safely, I was wondering how long it would take for them to land!  We're slowly seeing the postal systems get back to normal, but there do seem to be delays still in Australia, New Zealand and Canada.  That could be due to the reduced flights as Sean says, very possible with so many passenger flights grounded.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

There is definitely a reduction in the air freight capacity to the Antipodes and the costs have apparently gone up significantly
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!