Misplaced items

Started by Steve J, 15 August 2020, 05:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I know I ordered to packs of Pak 38's many moons ago as I still have the order list. So somewhere there should be four of the little blighters. I can find the Pak 40's and Pak 36's, but I'm damned if I can find the Pak 38's :(. It's driving me nuts as to where they've gone as they're not in my 'German' box.

Ithoriel

Order another couple of packs ... the first two will turn up moments after the second lot arrive :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Down the back of the sofa ?

WHEN I get back to actually having time to paint some of the wee men..I'm sure I'll have the same problem. :'( :'( :'(

My 'bugbear' is the amount of 'white metal' I sling into the circular file..'Cos I don't need it anymore, and it's getting in the way....and there's absolutely no point in saving it....I'd NEVER find it.

Cheers - Phil ;)

Orcs

15 August 2020, 08:34:46 PM #3 Last Edit: 15 August 2020, 11:40:42 PM by Leon
Quote from: Techno on 15 August 2020, 05:56:40 PM
Down the back of the sofa ?

WHEN I get back to actually having time to paint some of the wee men..I'm sure I'll have the same problem. :'( :'( :'(

My 'bugbear' is the amount of 'white metal' I sling into the circular file..'Cos I don't need it anymore, and it's getting in the way....and there's absolutely no point in saving it....I'd NEVER find it.

Cheers - Phil ;)

Can't you send it back to Leon to melt down again?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

Yep, Sod's Law when I place the order they will turn up again!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Steve J on 15 August 2020, 05:12:35 PM
I know I ordered to packs of Pak 38's many moons ago as I still have the order list. So somewhere there should be four of the little blighters. I can find the Pak 40's and Pak 36's, but I'm damned if I can find the Pak 38's :(. It's driving me nuts as to where they've gone as they're not in my 'German' box.

They're probably hanging out with my WW1 French Senior Officers that have been MIA for about four years. :'( :'(

Orcs

Quote from: Steve J on 15 August 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Yep, Sod's Law when I place the order they will turn up again!

I am sure Leon won't mind you ordering them twice.  :)

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

I've got master moulds that we've 'misplaced' for years now, with shiny new releases in them!  They always turn up somewhere eventually, usually when we're looking for something entirely different.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 15 August 2020, 08:34:46 PM
Can't you send it back to Leon to melt down again?

I think.....That Leon avoids using 'recycled' white metal, Mark.

If I lived closer, I'd pop them back to Pendraken Towers.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

QuoteI think.....That Leon avoids using 'recycled' white metal, Mark

I think you're right, based upon a conversation we had at Colours several years ago. IIRC it boils down to each manufacturer might use slightly different mixes/grades of metal that are not nescessarily compatible.

Whilst looking for the offending items I realised how many boxes of stuff I have scattered all over the house. I really, really need to have a bloody good tidy up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Thought I'd lost my 20mm WWII brits 2 yrs ago, so ordered the PSC box, and found them, so it does work ! And I have 2 Brit infantry companies in 20mm.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: Leon on 15 August 2020, 11:42:26 PM
I've got master moulds that we've 'misplaced' for years now, with shiny new releases in them!  They always turn up somewhere eventually, usually when we're looking for something entirely different.

LOL! With regard to a different manufacturer, (Of 1/200 stuff...and also providing excellent service, too!), I ordered a Churchill AVRE which came on a non AVRE hull. Upon enquiring about availability of the hull... it was a 'lost ' mould that someone had used by mistake, would replace, with apologies.   :)
The lost mould was for Churchills III to VIII...with a whole selection of different turrets, (not perfect but ok for the job), welded, cast, 6pdr, 75mm, 95mm!!!   :o IMHO, the casting is vastly superior the the catalogue item, (some hulls are sans the front track covers and they do not have the 'squashed' look!) ...so I now have bought about 30++ and have a bag of turrets!!!  LOL   :D :D :D. (Still not catalogue listed, (Don't think many go for 1/200 WW2...either go 10mm or 1/285!), but, as said, excellent customer service for  'special orders'! :) ).

Dig out YOUR 'Gems'! LOL!!!  ;)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

sean66

I have it a bit harder than you.
I have a lot of my wargaming stuff in my house in Wales. I have stuff in a lock up in Wales,
and I have a lot of stuff here with me where I live in Germany.
so I know I have stuff go looking for it in my pile here in Germany. cant find it !
so order it again thinking oh ill just re buy. :o
then when I get home I find I have it both in the stuff in the house and another lot in my lock up  :'(
but I suppose its better than going out drinking.  ;D
I have WW2 VIN 6MM,15MM AND 20MM  :-
Modern again in all three, Sci Fi in 6MM AND 10MM.
as a point in case just ordered some 20MM Modern BAOR Infantry and some East German Infantry. because I knew I only needed the Infantry !
Nope need vehicles as all of my Cold war 20MM,1/72 scale vehicles are in UK so off to the model shop for only one or two vehicles per side lol
came back with a 1/72 chinook a T55 and challenger 1   =)
Regards
Sean

Steve J

Well the items have been found :). They were almost hiding in plain sight on the dining room table, half obscured by wargaming notes for a proposed campaign. I must have taken them down from the attic last week with some other items, yet completely forgot that I had done so :-[. When I told my family they just looked at me with more than a hint of despair!

Orcs

Quote from: Steve J on 18 August 2020, 09:38:15 PM
Well the items have been found :). They were almost hiding in plain sight on the dining room table, half obscured by wargaming notes for a proposed campaign. I must have taken them down from the attic last week with some other items, yet completely forgot that I had done so :-[. When I told my family they just looked at me with more than a hint of despair!

One of my kids teachers used to say to the kids when "have a proper look not a Daddy look".

Unfortunately one of Mrs Orcs girls had the same teacher- So wjhe  i can't find something I get "Have you had a Daddy look"  :)