French & Indian War range!

Started by Leon, 12 August 2020, 11:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Westmarcher on 13 August 2020, 09:52:09 AM
Great stuff! One or two familiar poses there suggesting they are compatible with the SYW range? If so, this means they are slightly smaller than the AWI sculpts. Nevertheless, the cogs in my head are already whirring away about using some of these (especially the Native Americans) in separate units along with my embryo AWI collection.   :-bd

They are yes, same sculptor as the SYW ranges.  As Paul says though, the Woodland Indians codes can be used alongside the AWI ranges without much trouble.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nick the Lemming

Nice work!

Those Indians would go well with a War of 1812 range by the same sculptor too. Hint hint.

Leon

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 13 August 2020, 02:37:55 PM
Those Indians would go well with a War of 1812 range by the same sculptor too. Hint hint.

You'll have a wait there, the other Naps players have already claimed him for a Russian expansion, later French and early Prussians!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

What US 1812 figures cannot be sourced from existing ranges?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

John Cook

Quote from: ianrs54 on 14 August 2020, 05:55:20 PM
Ones in top hats I suspect

Not familiar with them.  They'll be some with top-hats along soon in the Spanish Peninsula range.

Beaver hats really John, so brown fur ones. The Brits and Canadian milita are bog standard Brit nappies
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Didn't the Pennsylvania militia (at least) wear hats very similar to the Spanish Chistera?

I'm sure that's who I got massacred, by Tecumseh's Native Americans, in a fictional 1812 battle game many years ago now. Multi-player game. Forgot they were mine.  Manoeuvred the rest of my command away from them. Adjoining command fell back to a better position. Pennsylvanians attacked from three sides by around four times their number. Failed their reaction test. Broke. Ran the shortest possible distance and took something like 200% casualties!

Not my finest hour. :(

Anywho, I'm sure they had top hat type headgear.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

Quote from: ianrs54 on 15 August 2020, 12:43:53 PM
Beaver hats really John, so brown fur ones.