Wargames Clubs Post Covid

Started by Orcs, 12 August 2020, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: Wulf on 13 August 2020, 11:30:44 PM
I don't know how many of our club actually READ all the online chatter, but only a small fraction of them contribute...

True of every online forum I've ever come across.

There again, "Blessed is the man with nothing to say who cannot be persuaded to say it!" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

The heathen philosopher, when he had a desire to eat a grape, would open his lips when he put it into his mouth; meaning thereby, that grapes were made to eat, and lips to open.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

I like that one, Mike !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But you don't practice it Phil  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Course not !....I was thinking of adopting that as my 'motto'.

Cheers - Phil :)

toxicpixie

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Hwiccee

My club has been back gaming for around a month now and I know another local club is the same. Initially we had about 1/2 of the numbers we had pre Covid but that has crept up to circa 2/3 at the last meeting and I think will be more in the next meeting.

I would imagine we won't get back to 'normal' for a while but we should be close to it soon - assuming nothing else happens.

toxicpixie

It's a weird combo... everyone's pretty much chomping at the bit to get back, combined with a large dash of "we're all gonna die (or at least be seriously f-d up)"...

Orcs

Quote from: Hwiccee on 14 August 2020, 09:11:40 AM
My club has been back gaming for around a month now and I know another local club is the same. Initially we had about 1/2 of the numbers we had pre Covid but that has crept up to circa 2/3 at the last meeting and I think will be more in the next meeting.

I would imagine we won't get back to 'normal' for a while but we should be close to it soon - assuming nothing else happens.

So how are you coping wth the numbers, face masks? social distancing etc?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson