The Battle of Dorylaeum 1097

Started by mmcv, 09 August 2020, 01:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

The Christian Princes march on from Nicaea only to come face to face with the full might of the Turkish hordes. Troops are drawn up along historical lines but will the outcome be the same?

Find out what happens here: https://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2020/08/09/battle-report-the-battle-of-dorylaeum-1079/

And if you're interested in the real history behind the battle, I've the next installment of my crusades history here: https://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2020/08/09/a-flippant-history-of-the-crusades-the-first-crusade-dorylaeum-down-to-rest/

Steve J

Lovely looking game and great AAR, with the 'arrows' showing movement a real help :).

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Cracking !  :-bd (and I love that blue colour.)

Cheers - Phil :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ronan

Very interesting AAR, thank you
( Are you sure it was 1079 ? I read elsewhere it was 1097 .. but may be I'm wrong)

mmcv

Thanks all.

Quote from: ronan on 09 August 2020, 09:59:14 AM
Very interesting AAR, thank you
( Are you sure it was 1079 ? I read elsewhere it was 1097 .. but may be I'm wrong)

Ah whoops that's a typo, thanks for pointing out, you are completely correct! I've updated it now to the correct date.

Techno

That's cheating ! ;)

Says someone who can alter any post of his own......and any others I feel like....(WHENEVER I want) :D

Though the bit at the bottom that says "Modified by Techno," is a bit of a giveaway.

Cheers - Phil ;)

mmcv

Change your name in the forum temporarily to "nobody", then it'll be modified by nobody.

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D

I still think that would be a bit of a giveaway, Matthew. ;)

Cheers - Phil

hammurabi70

There was a very good scenario for this battle in SLINGSHOT in the 1980s; players were uncertain about unit strength until first contact and then an average die was used to determine how many hits the unit could absorb; die outcome adjusted for quality and type of unit.  It worked very well.

Scorpio_Rocks

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.