A4 E Skyhawk in 1/144

Started by Sunray, 06 August 2020, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 11 August 2020, 02:18:02 PM
Wow, hopefully we never reach that level!  We tend to pay for a full laser machine service every 12-18 months but we brought it forward after all of the PPE production.  I've never bothered with 'contract' maintenance as I find it's rarely worth the annual fee.

I'll have to check for 'nearly new' Techno's on eBay first I think, just to make there's not a cheap replacement available instead...  :P

Cheaper than me
?.......Bloody cheek !.... ;)

Cheers - Phil. (I hurt, and even I'm too hot today....I gave up pushing putty this afto'....and simply used the Dremmel (lots) to get stuff started. Working with 'Green stuff' was like trying to sculpt with chewing gum....It stuck to everything.....except for where I wanted it to.) ;)

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 11 August 2020, 06:38:59 PM
Working with 'Green stuff' was like trying to sculpt with chewing gum....It stuck to everything.....except for where I wanted it to.) ;)

I've been Milliput'ing this afternoon and it was the same.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

I do apologise for hi-jacking this very informative and humorous thread.  Just to say my A4s are now airborne (posted).  :)

I hope they come with tail hooks otherwise USS Wendy's deck may not be long enough.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Techno on 11 August 2020, 06:38:59 PM

Cheers - Phil. (I hurt, and even I'm too hot today....I gave up pushing putty this afto'....and simply used the Dremmel (lots) to get stuff started. Working with 'Green stuff' was like trying to sculpt with chewing gum....It stuck to everything.....except for where I wanted it to.) ;)

Hello Techno

From my experience in a warmer climate, you can mix a bit of milliput or even a bit of plasticine to take some of the 'tack' off the green stuff. It's a bit of a balancing act to get the ratios right. Too much milliput and you end up chasing bits that don't stick and too much plasticine and the sculpt melts in the vulcanising.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan (experienced in not being sticky)

Techno

Thanks, Vic. :)

If it gets to the same sort of temp as yesterday, I'll give that a go.

I DO mix green stuff with 'Magic Sculp', if I want a really soft putty to work with...but that's still quite sticky.....Even that might work, though. :-\

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

Quote from: Sunray on 11 August 2020, 10:04:07 PM
I do apologise for hi-jacking this very informative and humorous thread.  Just to say my A4s are now airborne (posted).  :)

I hope they come with tail hooks otherwise USS Wendy's deck may not be long enough.

Do a Trump and build a Wall, that'll stop 'em! Once...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Everything is airdroppable - once!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Honeywell engineers IA for fixing Littlewoods mainframes in the 80's - take to 14th floor and push. Now you know exactly what was wrong with it !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021