ACW Ironclads ?

Started by monkeynut, 06 August 2020, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeynut

I believe that at some stage in the past Pendraken used to produce ACW Ironclads?
Two questions 1. Are these models likely to be produced again?
                        2. Has anyone got photos of the above models?

If my information is incorrect could I please request the following;

10mm Monitor Class model
10mm. City Class "Pook Turtle" ( not 100% positive on name)  Lift off roof so could place crew / guns in?

2 types of "fortress guns" from examples such as 8 inch Parrott / Armstrong. 15 inch Dahlgren/ Rodman  9 inch Dahlgren etc. ( along the lines of FPW30a and b ) but with crews sculpted by ACW range sculptor. Confederate  and Union.

Naval gun crews inc Officer

Cotton bails for defences/ dock side
Wooden barrels

Thanks
🐵

Westmarcher

Quote from: monkeynut on 06 August 2020, 01:15:12 PM

If my information is incorrect could I please request the following;

10mm Monitor Class model

Wouldn't that mean that a model of the USS Monitor would have to be nearly 35 cm long?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

We used to have 3 or 4 ACW boats but they've dropped down the production schedule and I'm not sure when they'll be back.  We also have a much larger range of 6mm ironclads (20+) which have never seen the light of day.  Considering the size of some of them, I think we'd prefer to put the 6mm's into production I think.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

monkeynut

Thanks for the update Leon know your schedule is always busy . Would be interested to know how long your models were.

Thanks Westmarcher  ,sorry my calculations were way out! Thought Monitor would be around 14cm x 4cm ish and the City class around 22cm x 5cm ish. Maths  was never my best subject! 🤨

Maybe a scratch built hybrid of both  types is the way to go, just to have a visible representation on the table.will have to add to my "to do " list.

🐵

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Or look at Peter Pig's Hammering Iron range...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DaveH

Yes, I'd go with something like the Peter Pig 1/450 scale ships even if I was using them with my 15mm minis as the true scale ones would be impractical and really like terrain they should be aligned with the ground scale rather than the figures vertical scale. With my 15mm ACW miniatures I'll use 10mm buildings to avoid them being too big for the ground scale.

Even 1/300 scale they would be pretty big.

Leon

One of them was about 400mm long I think, so they were big bits of kit.  I'm not sure they were really viable to use in many games, you'd only get a couple on the table and the turning circle would be huge!  I think the 6mm models have got a lot more sales potential.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

monkeynut

Thanks Mad Lemmey and DaveH will have a look on P.Pig site for ideas/ inspiration/ another scale temptation 😬

Thanks  for the reply ,Leon yeah 400mm might be just a tad too much !🤨

May have to consider smaller scale models.would like to do  a Vicksburg or Mississippi River action, Ironclads running past blockade forts ? Would be curious to see what support Leon's 20 + 6mm model range would produce.

🐵

monkeynut

Forget small scale ,if you can have a 10mm  scale aircraft carrier, l can have a 400mm Ironclad! 😃

🐵