Great Wargaming Survey 2020

Started by mmcv, 01 August 2020, 01:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 02 August 2020, 12:46:09 PM
I think we can all understand why Phil's wife is grumpy...

Well said that man  =D>
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

To re-rail the thread a little :)

I was tempted to add a comment at the end to the effect that I only played one period 1,000,000BC to 1,000,000AD and that I had more than 2500 figures in one Corps of my Napoleonic 6mm French Army but I felt it would add little to the survey. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 02 August 2020, 04:13:50 PM

I was tempted to add a comment at the end to the effect that I only played one period 1,000,000BC to 1,000,000AD and that I had more than 2500 figures in one Corps of my Napoleonic 6mm French Army but I felt it would add little to the survey. :)

In your 1,000,000 years BC army do you have a Raquel Welch?  I remember her in the film, :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 02 August 2020, 05:27:41 PM
In your 1,000,000 years BC army do you have a Raquel Welch?  I remember her in the film, :)

Of course ... but for accuracy I had to remove the fur bikini as anachronistic :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

I filled it in yesterday, not much use in that survey. Found the questions stupid. Big departure from lst years. Also, wasit just me or was it fairly short?

mmcv

It would be nice if they had an "all" for the periods rather than a lot of conflict specific ones.

Quote from: petercooman on 02 August 2020, 07:32:05 PM
I filled it in yesterday, not much use in that survey. Found the questions stupid. Big departure from lst years. Also, wasit just me or was it fairly short?

Didn't seem particularly short? The ranking questions were a bit of a faff in a phone so that took a while.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: mmcv on 01 August 2020, 10:12:01 PM
I suspect the figure count question does show somewhat of a big scale bias, but equally it asks what scales you favour so could extrapolate from that I guess

Do you think they'll find a trend for the small figure collectors having more figures.

mmcv

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 02 August 2020, 08:16:38 PM
Do you think they'll find a trend for the small figure collectors having more figures.

Can't imagine why they would?

;D

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 01 August 2020, 06:17:53 PM
How many painted figures in your collection? Max of 2500.

Even Mrs Orcs thought that question was a bit stupid
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

jimduncanuk

Quote from: fsn on 01 August 2020, 06:17:53 PM

How many painted figures in your collection? Max of 2500.

Maybe they meant 2500 collections!
My Ego forbids a signature.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I've painted that many this year!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DecemDave

Done although I always come across in these surveys as a highly introverted and disagreeable nerd.  I'd like to be competitive but with my dice rolling skills it would be a triumph of hope over experience.
oh if only that glass was even half empty.   :D
At least my little soldiers like me.  At least i like to think so.....

mmcv

Quote from: DecemDave on 03 August 2020, 12:29:30 PM
Done although I always come across in these surveys as a highly introverted and disagreeable nerd. 

You say that like it's a bad thing?

DaveH

Put in my 2p worth too as it is nice to have a chance to win something in the raffle and help people understand what the gamers out here want.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Ithoriel on 02 August 2020, 04:13:50 PM

Pointing out that they seemed to underestimate peoples collections might be a point worth making.  Presumably if a large percentage of results show this to be the case then they would be increasing the numbers for the survey.  That they have the numbers they do might suggest that many responders do not have very large collections.  One club visitor playing DBMM commented that he had 30,000 28mm ancients figures; I suspect not everyone does.