New Napoleonic Rules in development for Partizan Press

Started by Keith57, 28 July 2020, 08:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith57

@ Chad - yes, all comments on the io group please.

@mmcv - my own solo playtesting has been done with SYW figures. Luckily I have friends with Napoleonic armies.

@FierceKitty and Orcs - I hate to be PC, but can we leave the Essex girls thing alone? I'm here for the wargaming stuff.

Cheers, Keith.

Raider4

Quote from: DaveH on 29 July 2020, 11:21:54 AM
groups.io is the replacement for Yahoo groups except for the fact it works.....

I know it's easy to sneer, but I was a member of a dozen or more Yahoo! groups and never had a problem.

Although I rarely used the web interface - just treated them as email lists.

Keith57

Raider4 - I started out using a Yahoo group for this set of rules (as I had done for HoW), but found Yahoo sadly in decline. Posting photos appeared to be impossible, and there were other very basic glitches. I was glad to see that groups.io offered a rather more useable alternative. The last I heard, Yahoo were closing down. Or rather, their groups were closing down.

Raider4

Yeah, the caveat to my statement is they worked fine, until Yahoo! decided to basically shut them down, what, two years ago now?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Yes - they decided to stop hosting groups, all stored files and photos went by december.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

I enjoy a bit of Napoleonics, have signed up, and look forward to the day when I am approved.

Contrast with the tiny goblin's school "Portal".
Still attempting to get a working account after 4 weeks trying.
Some organisations should not be let loose with advanced technology.

Keith57

If anyone who has applied to join the group hasn't been approved yet, let me know. As far as I know all applications should have been processed.

Thanks, Keith.

Chris Pringle

I'm happy to endorse the choice of groups.io. Yahoo effectively shut down my BBB Yahoo group in December, so we migrated everything to groups.io. That all seems to be working fine, plus we got a surge of new members.

Keith, best of luck with your new rules!

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://groups.io/g/bloodybigbattles
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.com/

Keith57

Thanks Chris. The continued interest in BBB is a tribute to their quality and originality.

Chris Pringle

Well, thanks, Keith. I can say the same for HOW. (I've been reading up a bit on Frederick the Great lately - might have to get John M to lay on another HOW game for us, now the OWS club is back in action!)

Chris

Dave Fielder

Following the successful demise of the Rubarbian Forces in our PBEM (see BatReps for AAR) how can I not join this group? Application sent in and awaiting entrance ;-)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Dave Fielder

I'm wondering what the acronym will be for these rules? Gamers love to identify their rules with TLAs etc:
SoTE
STE
SOTE
"So-Tee"
Keith's Nappies

Last Hussar

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Dave Fielder

Quote from: Last Hussar on 15 August 2020, 10:53:23 AM
Does it need the historical background?
I think it will, these may be the only rules a non-Napoleonic Gamer has. Imagine someone from the 40k Universe landing at Waterloo with no background as to what's going on ... probably think it's a rather aggressive Morris Dance with all those uniforms and wooden sticks.

Steve J