New WWII rules from Anschluss Press played today

Started by Norm, 19 March 2021, 11:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

The War on the Ground
A look at some new Battalion Level WWII rules by Anschluss Press.

I took the new rules for a spin on a 4' x 3' table using 10mm figures and enjoyed the game.

I have put some observations and photos up on the blog, with turn 1 being exploded to give a good idea of mechanics and play.

LINK
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2021/03/new-wwii-rules-from-anschluss-publishing.html

Techno II

You certainly do very good and thorough reviews, Norm.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

T13A

Hi Norm

Many thanks for this, really interesting as normal. Just wondering if you intend to give the 'O' Group rules that you mention a spin to see how they compare as they are also based at battalion level games (I have the 'O' Group rules and have watched the several videos on YouTube to see how they play, they do look interesting but perhaps not so friendly for solo play, that said )?

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Norm

Thanks all. 6mm would look even 'more right' for the tank engagements. Paul, I am in two minds about O Group, I thought the videos were interesting and I have Dave Browns Pickett Charge and Grande Armée rules from the same publisher, but I am wondering whether they will just be a bit too much for me. I will certainly be looking out for other peoples posts and videos on the subject.

as is increasingly true of this hobby, there is something for everyone :-)

Steve J

Thanks for the review Norm, but I think I'll stick with BKC as I know the rules so well. These new rules do look to have some neat mechanisms though.