Pendraken Website under siege?

Started by Noktu, 28 July 2020, 09:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I'm glad it's not just my computer or anything like that Phil.

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 30 July 2020, 06:42:51 AM
Still showing it as 'down' at 06.42 today :(.

It seems to be taking a bit longer for the migration to go through than we hoped, which is a bit frustrating. 

The site is still fine though, you just need to click through to it and you can browse as normal.  It's a bit like the DVLA suddenly deciding that your car MoT isn't valid, even though it was tested last month.  The car is still perfectly safe to drive, you just don't have a bit of paper to say so.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

Quote from: Leon on 30 July 2020, 01:33:07 PM
It's a bit like the DVLA suddenly deciding that your car MoT isn't valid, even though it was tested last month.  The car is still perfectly safe to drive, you just don't have a bit of paper to say so.

But wouldn't that invalidate my insurance?

Leon

Quote from: Raider4 on 30 July 2020, 01:41:41 PM
But wouldn't that invalidate my insurance?

It would on a car, luckily we don't have website insurance! 

Our webguy has clarified it a little this afternoon, it's purely an admin glitch behind the scenes where our valid SSL certificate is not being applied to the website within the server company's systems.  It's very odd, but we've been told that the website migration will be completed by Friday morning and the site should be accessible as normal again.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Site worked without warnings for me on 30 July 2020, 08:20:48 PM  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Yep, all sorted now and back to normal!

Steve J