Pendraken Website under siege?

Started by Noktu, 28 July 2020, 09:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noktu

Hello,

Trying to enter Pendrakens Store website gives me a warning from Chrome saying the site is under malicious attack and says one should not enter.

Anyone else has this?

fred.

The message is that the certificate has expired.

Not that the site is under attack (although the message does suggest that could be a cause), although the much more likely that its just an administrative thing where the cert needs updating.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Get the same with Firefox.

I'm sure Leon will get it sorted as soon as he's in.
I'll drop him a quick line.

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Certificate expired today according to Firefox. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Same message just now via Firefox.

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 28 July 2020, 10:32:02 AM
I'm sure Leon will get it sorted as soon as he's in.

Cheers - Phil

I don't know he has so little else to do !!  ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

monkeynut

Getting same message but ok this time tried to log in.Seems to have cleared itself.

🐵

Techno

Have we just missed your promotion, MN ?

Cheers - Phil  :)

Leon

Indeed, it's just an SSL certificate which has dropped out and caused the error message.  It's a problem with our server company, apparently their certificates are on automatic 3-monthly renewals but for some reason their system has dropped these updates and everyone's sites are being affected.  Our webguy is currently migrating us over to a new server instead so we should see it resolved within 24 hours.

The website is still completely secure and you can place orders as normal, no worries there.

Quote from: Noktu on 28 July 2020, 09:20:24 AM
...gives me a warning from Chrome saying the site is under malicious attack and says one should not enter.

Have you got a screenshot of that?  Chrome shouldn't be saying that we're under attack as it's just a certificate error. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

Leon,  This is the message you get on attempting to enter the site:

"Your connection isn't private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from pendraken.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

You then get an 'advanced' option which shows this:

"This server could not prove that it is pendraken.co.uk; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Wednesday, 29 July 2020. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page."

You then have the option of:

"Continue to pendraken.co.uk (unsafe)"

Leon

Yeah, that's the page/info I get on Firefox.  I was a bit worried about the 'site is under a malicious attack' info that Noktu was getting through Chrome, which is different to what I'm seeing here and would be extremely misleading to our customers. 

In better news, the transfer is going through and we should have this fixed on Wednesday.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noktu

Leon,

Worry not, that was the same message I got. But in Finnish the text translates to english as:

"The party that has attacked pendraken.co.uk might try to steal your personal information"

So sorry for the confusion created here. But I thought the site was under a DDoS attack or something. Because in my language it tells me that there are some attackers to be expected.

Leon

Quote from: Noktu on 29 July 2020, 02:54:07 PM
Worry not, that was the same message I got. But in Finnish the text translates to english as:

"The party that has attacked pendraken.co.uk might try to steal your personal information"

So sorry for the confusion created here. But I thought the site was under a DDoS attack or something. Because in my language it tells me that there are some attackers to be expected.

Ah right, that's OK then!  The transfer is going through today so hopefully everything will be back to normal by tonight.

Steve J

Still showing it as 'down' at 06.42 today :(.

Techno