Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 21 July 2020, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Wot Paul posted.

They look cracking, Will.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Raider4

Beautifully painted as always, but I must admit to not liking the bases. Too much foliage for me at 10mm.

It looks like you use the same method for your US Airborne? Works wonderfully with the bigger figures.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Commission, he wanted it 'denser'  :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Lovely work. The green unit has clearly mastered the art of camouflage. That's why they're in such dense foliage.

DaveH

Duke Speedy of Leighton

27 September 2020, 10:29:28 PM #36 Last Edit: 27 September 2020, 10:58:19 PM by mad lemmey
Got something done these last few weeks, but kitchen/bathroom/utility room has seriously slowed things down now.

1st Cavalry - previously seen in dismounted form.

2nd Cavalry

Artillery

Generals

ATTACK BADGER!!!

The whole batch
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Lovely surface, but I hope I live to see the three mm thick brown-edged base fashion cast into outer darkness.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DHautpol

These are very very nice and it would be amazing to see a shot of them fully deployed.

I have to say that I agree with Fierce Kitty regarding the thickness of the bases.  I prefer to use 0.8mm plywood myself but understand why people choose to use thick bases, but please colour/paint the edges.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Noktu

These look really nice! I wonder what flocks and scatters you use?

We have limited availability here in Finland, except for the huge brands. So would really love to hear manufacturers you use!

Also regarding the bases, i dont really see the problem here. Especially mdf bases I try to keep the dark brown outer ring untouched as it looks pretty good to me.

Also larger bases make it easier to move units around as you get a better grip, which also helps keeping your mates greasy paws at check.

I've got some plastic lipped bases which I'm going to try out, aswell as 3mm thick square rounded edge resin bases. Really excited to see what kind of different styles you can experiment with to represent your miniatures on.

Edit: "also" seems to be my new favourite word...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sand/pva/brown wash/highlights of Beige Brown the Flat Earth, Faller and Knock spring green flock, dark green clump scatter and then whatever tufts I have lieing around!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Final set of units for the army, two units of archers.

Now onto the Dacians...