How annoying can it get

Started by Orcs, 16 July 2020, 09:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: mmcv on 20 July 2020, 04:35:25 PM
We got some new bedroom curtains at the weekend, went to put the pole up but realised the built-in wardrobes were going to get a bit in the way of the drill. Managed to work around that. Realised there were no hooks with them curtain or the rail. Parents had some spare, no worries. Watched a video on how to gather pencil pleat curtains (what a faff!) got to it, pull pull pull....missed the onscreen comment that the guy on the video had left "forgot to mention you should tie the other end of the strings before you do this".... 

Spent the next few hours rethreading around 9 meters worth of string back through the curtain tape. At least the last few years of painting little men have come in useful as it has given me the patience and precision to do such a thing without losing the plot!

Got them up in the end thankfully.

I would have lost the plot.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Well first night in new bed -  No it did not collapse . Really good nights sleep.
:)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

You were probably worn out figuring out how to put it together !

Glad you got there, Mark !

Cheers - Phil  :)

mmcv

Quote from: Orcs on 21 July 2020, 01:00:55 PM
I would have lost the plot.

My wife did...

Glad you got your bed sorted!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Wow, impressive tales all round!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner