English Church

Started by parkerm17, 12 July 2020, 09:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: John Cook on 13 July 2020, 10:04:03 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spire

Yes. I know what a spire is - my holidays usually involve architecture hunts - but I can't see one at Wing.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Perhappes it flew off.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just a nice Saxon church
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

John Cook

Quote from: FierceKitty on 14 July 2020, 01:58:01 AM
Yes. I know what a spire is - my holidays usually involve architecture hunts - but I can't see one at Wing.

Oops, my mistake.  I must admit I was more than a little surprised but people sometimes confuse a steeple with the spire.

John Cook

Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 July 2020, 08:57:47 AM
Just a nice Saxon church

It is, but not much of it is actually Saxon and I'll bet that the steeple is a later addition.  I have no idea which style predominated in 16th Century England.

parkerm17

Quote from: Sunray on 12 July 2020, 06:45:33 PM
Have a look at Model 4T5 in the Hovels range.  It listed as 15mm, but is "small" and scaled to what old 15mm used to be prior to scale creep.

This is just right: many thanks, Sunray

Sunray

Quote from: parkerm17 on 16 July 2020, 09:20:25 AM
This is just right: many thanks, Sunray

You are very welcome pal.  Its what this forum community does best.  I am currently using Hovels 15mm Spanish houses on my harbour diorama.  As they are near enough  low relief style and smaller in scale than more  recent 15mm they work well.

If you do ever need to blodge down to 10mm you can add a door from Irregular Mins range or that big double door from Pendraken fantasy range.

Regards

James