English Church

Started by parkerm17, 12 July 2020, 09:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkerm17

I may have asked this before but does anyone know where I can get a  model of a typical English Church with a square tower not a spire for the ECW period?   I can find Dutch and German style churches with steeples but nothing really English.   Bacchus do one in 6mm but that is too small.   The model would be useful for anything from Middle Ages (WoR) up to the Jacobite wars but especially the ECW.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Try Baggage Train or Time Cast. If you can't find one on Baggage Train then email Steve, he's notorious for not putting stuff on the web !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I use the one from Leven, but I prefer Wendy-housing my built-up areas.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

T13A

T13A Out!

Raider4

If you're up to building one out of card, Wordsworth Model Railway have a couple. Just print at 50% (4-up) for our scale.

Might be a bit too modern though, don't know if they could be back-dated for the period you want?

Sandinista

John Cook

What you are asking for is, I think, a Norman-style church as opposed to a Saxon-style church.  The steeples of Saxon church have spires though many have lost them now.  Examples can be found all over southern England and would not be out of place in any ECW scenario.

However, Old Glory do a Norman-style church with a turreted steeple - BLD-1008: Church-European Style.

http://www.oldgloryuk.com/10mm-buildings/28/113/269/272

Hope this helps.

Sunray

Have a look at Model 4T5 in the Hovels range.  It listed as 15mm, but is "small" and scaled to what old 15mm used to be prior to scale creep.

parkerm17

Thanks one and all.   I have never yet come across a Saxon Church with a spire and there are only  a handful of Saxon Churches still in existence- have a look at Bradford on Avon.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

Quote from: parkerm17 on 13 July 2020, 09:13:20 AM
Thanks one and all.   I have never yet come across a Saxon Church with a spire and there are only  a handful of Saxon Churches still in existence- have a look at Bradford on Avon.

Star with these.

https://www.historyanswers.co.uk/medieval-renaissance/10-anglo-saxon-churches-walls-and-monuments-to-rediscover-this-summer/