Government Vouchers for "Covid Hit" Industries

Started by steve_holmes_11, 06 July 2020, 08:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider4

Quote from: John Cook on 08 July 2020, 12:48:28 PM
Dream on - I'm fairly certain that wargames manufacturers will not fall into any of the "certain sectors" mentioned.

If the crafting materials that Hobbycraft and The Works sell are included, I don't see why Pendraken should be excluded.

All though this is about getting people in to bricks & mortar stores - not sure Pendraken have a retail presence on the high street (yet)?

flamingpig0

Quote from: Raider4 on 10 July 2020, 10:22:47 AM
If the crafting materials that Hobbycraft and The Works sell are included, I don't see why Pendraken should be excluded.

All though this is about getting people in to bricks & mortar stores - not sure Pendraken have a retail presence on the high street (yet)?

There is an alternative universe where Games Workshop never existed and there are Pendraken Shops in most high streets.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Glorfindel

>>There is an alternative universe where Games Workshop never existed and there are Pendraken Shops in most high streets.

I certainly don't see myself as a GW fanboy but wonder where our hobby would be without them, principally in terms of bringing
new blood in.   Probably a topic for a separate thread...

Techno

Yeah..... ;)

I don't think they were the Evil Empire, when I worked for them....(A lifetime ago, now... :'( :'( :'( :'() :P

But, I'd say they HAVE brought oodles of folk into the hobby......Which is definitely a good thing. :)

I've still got wodges of time for Bryan (Ansell).

On the very odd occasions I speak to him....I still call him 'Guvnor'.

Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 19 July 2020, 12:14:20 PM
Yeah..... ;)

I don't think they were the Evil Empire, when I worked for them....(A lifetime ago, now... :'( :'( :'( :'() :P

But, I'd say they HAVE brought oodles of folk into the hobby......Which is definitely a good thing. :)

I've still got wodges of time for Bryan (Ansell).

On the very odd occasions I speak to him....I still call him 'Guvnor'.

Cheers - Phil

My feeling - admittedly from the small sample of a visit to Warhammer World in Nottingham last year and the Woking shop - is that there's been a bit of a turn around in company ethos compared to the darkest days.  I believe there has been changes at the top and they're actually listening to the customers now.

I also saw on the BBC website that they'd weathered the Covid storm very well and have paid back their Furlough money to the government. 

Anyway, the chap in the Woking shop always cheers me up with his enthusiasm whenever I'm dragged in by my sprogs, so some credit where credit's due  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Raider4

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 19 July 2020, 07:09:52 PM
My feeling - admittedly from the small sample of a visit to Warhammer World in Nottingham last year and the Woking shop - is that there's been a bit of a turn around in company ethos compared to the darkest days.  I believe there has been changes at the top and they're actually listening to the customers now.

I went right off them when they introduced their new paint range a few years ago, and the chairman boasted that one of the reasons was so that every paint now had a trademarked/copyrighted name.

They then did the same with elves and dwarfs and orcses, etc., and gave them all really stupid names when they reset the fantasy game a couple of years ago.