assets / buidling destruction

Started by zap86, 30 June 2020, 04:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zap86

Hi guys,
I played my first BCK IV game last Saturday, and despite we made many mistakes with rules, I was a pleasant experience with a kind of fast / reactive game.
We played a NW US force defending a village against Germans not happy about it.
I read the rules again and found most of the questions I had. I still have a few questions for which I cannot find any (relevant) answers.

Assets
1- I understand that if you do not buy any "assets", you can not use off-table artillery (support), yes?
(meaning that you need to spend in your army list the cost of an off-table support + X corresponding assets if you want to use it?, and same for AGA?
Buildings destruction
2- Can you blast a building (or anything similar) using mortars, tanks, artillery  ... or you absolutely need the bunker buster ability?
Or what is the way to destroy a building and make occupants leave...?

Thank you for you help.
Olivier

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Assets are automatic attacks, or always accurate fire points - so could be Lancaster Strike on turn 10 on your base line  :D. Artillery support is directed by FAO's and requested using their CV, to any artillery units you may have bought. It WILL miss.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fred.

Off table artillery can be ordered two ways.

Using Assets for pre-planned targets, the target and the time is specified at the start of the game. Or
using a Forward Artillery Observer - who can order the guns to fire (though only once per turn not multiples)

Building Destruction - I don't think its in the rules. Generally in WWII it was found that the more the building was knocked down, the better protected the defenders were (see Stalingrad, Monte Cassino etc). Shifting defenders out of buildings in BKC4 is hard - in our group we don't think the 4+ save is really needed, the 6 to hit is good enough.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

zap86

Thanks Fred.

for the building, do you mean no save once the building is destroyed or no save at all?

Olivier

zap86

fred.

Quote from: zap86 on 30 June 2020, 07:03:49 PM
Thanks Fred.

for the building, do you mean no save once the building is destroyed or no save at all?

Olivier

No save at all for troops in the building. just hitting then a 6 is very good protection, a 4+ save on top of that seems a bit much.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts