I assume....

Started by Techno, 03 July 2020, 08:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider4

Quote from: Techno on 04 July 2020, 10:23:31 AM
While I'm here......What O/S do tablets/phones use ?......I never seem to get what I consider to be 'proper' updates on that.

It'll either be Apple or Android.

If it's Android, whether you get updates or not is up to the manufacturer. Mine's an old Samsung running Android v.4.2.2 - current version is 10 . . .

Mine no longer works on a large percentage of the internet - something security/certificate related I think - so is now mainly used for reading PDFs

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 04 July 2020, 10:23:31 AM
While I'm here......What O/S do tablets/phones use ?......I never seem to get what I consider to be 'proper' updates on that.

Cheers - Phil

Beaten to the punch, but hey-ho!  ;)

Depends who makes it: iDevices use iOS, almost everything else uses Android!

What have you got?
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

A 'fire' tablet, Meirion...which seems to work really well.

I am genuinely on the point of going completely 'off grid'.

Gmail/Google are ****ing me about SO much this morning...while I've been 'updating' advised security measures...I really, really shouldn't have bothered. X_X

Do this....do that...we'll phone you with a secondary 'security' number......Yeah right....Try and actually 'say' the numbers properly...you automated piece pice of s*it.

I seem to now have three different six digit numbers, as my secondary 'security' numbers.
**** knows which one they want, now.

I give up.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Fire -  Kindle ? in which case Andriod, and it should have one in it - sumat like Sync I think, look in the Apps file.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Can't be bothered, Ian.

I've lost the will.

See ya.

Techno

I truly have lost the will to live.

I've REALLY tried to delete my gmail addy.....but it won't let me.

Apparently I CAN still get at my email addy.......Maybe it will die soon.

Better spend what I've got on the old a/c...before it disappears.