Awesome news Leon and Adele!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 29 June 2020, 07:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Congrats. Of course, owners of an estate have to maintain a number of troops at the ready for their sovreign's service, so there are obligations too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Thanks for all of the comments, I really appreciate it.  I should also point out that the only reason we've been able to do this is you lot.  Your continued support for our little business is overwhelming and it's all of your purchases that have got us to this point.  Every pack of figures, each little building, every stack of burnt MDF that you buy adds a little to the pot.  Normally that pot would put food on the table and fuel in the car, but this time you've put a secure roof over my family's head for the first time in our lives, and I can't say how much it means to us. 

It has come as a bit of a surprise though to be honest, we were still paying off some debts and thought that we were several years away from being able to get a deposit together.  With the lockdown, our sales through March/April/May were almost double our usual, so the Pendraken bank balance was looking quite healthy for the first time in 28 years!  We spoke to our accountant about it and he told us to grab the opportunity while it was there and take a chunk of money out for our deposit (remember that this is Middlesbrough house prices, before anyone gets any crazy sums of money in their heads!)   

We've been renting for years now while we tried to get back on an even footing, so it feels quite surreal that things can change this quickly.  Even getting a mortgage wasn't an option until this last year or two as our earnings were too low for any of the lenders to even look at us.  And now here we are, one foot almost on the property ladder.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

I'm glad that each of us in our own small way has helped this to happen and you message has put a smile on my face and given me a great start to the day :).

fsn

You know, somehow my Pendraken induced penury has meaning now.  :P

I'm pleased for you, though I'm sorry for all your upcoming trips to B&Q.  :(

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Congratulations guys, well earned and well deserved!

Techno

fred.

This is really good news. Good to think that my piles of small figures have contributed in a small way to a much larger pile of bricks!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

T13A

Well done both and well deserved.  =D>

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

steve_holmes_11

Congratulations.
Enjoy your new home.

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

paulr

Well done and congratulations to you both =D> =D> =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Well that's good news - something positive for a change and well deserved for such a nice, hard working couple. Wishing you many happy years in your new castle. Will you be giving it a name and if so, what are you going to call it?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duncasting?
Dunlasering?
Dunwiththesestupidnamepuns?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Congratulations, Really pleased for you all.

Glad that the Pendraken sales have helped you get there. <:-P <:-P <:-P
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

We will all have to stop buying. Enjoy the new place !  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021