Awesome news Leon and Adele!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 29 June 2020, 07:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldenBUA

Congratulations! A well deserved reward for all your efforts!

Quote from: Westmarcher on 30 June 2020, 09:27:50 AM
Will you be giving it a name and if so, what are you going to call it?

L' Adle?

A reference to the business of casting, to Adele and even Leon. Hints a bit at French countryside. And it has an apostrophe!
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Ithoriel

First lead into bricks. Next lead into gold? :)

Congrats
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No I have the only stone that do that !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DecemDave

Congratulations!   Happy cardboard box sorting! (Ive still got some unboxed 18 months after moving!).

But the best news is that we can look forward to multiple non kickstarters every year to keep up the mortgage payments!

Ithoriel

I see Middlesbrough is set to have the first legal electric scooter hire firm.

Leon and Adele have a new acquisition.

Coincidence? :D

Got to pay for things somehow :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Thanks for the replies!

Quote from: Westmarcher on 30 June 2020, 09:27:50 AM
Well that's good news - something positive for a change and well deserved for such a nice, hard working couple. Wishing you many happy years in your new castle. Will you be giving it a name and if so, what are you going to call it?

I think 'Number 41' has a certain ring to it...!

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 June 2020, 09:38:08 AM
Duncasting?

I quite like this one!

Quote from: OldenBUA on 30 June 2020, 11:06:30 AM
A reference to the business of casting, to Adele and even Leon. Hints a bit at French countryside. And it has an apostrophe!

We can't have an apostrophe in it, it'll break the Forum...

Quote from: DecemDave on 30 June 2020, 02:31:20 PM
...we can look forward to multiple non kickstarters every year to keep up the mortgage payments!

Not sure about that one!  I'll have to be really nice to the sculptor to get him to continue making shakos and epaulettes.

Quote from: Ithoriel on 30 June 2020, 06:37:34 PM

I'd not seen that!  I'm not sure Middlesbrough is quite the right place for an experiment of that kind.  Responsible, law-abiding, licensed-for-the-road, these are not words you'd associate with a lot of the local youth sadly.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Quote from: Leon on 30 June 2020, 07:51:52 PM
I think 'Number 41' has a certain ring to it...!

Surely it should be 42, afterall that is the answer !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

L' Adle?

Is that a French cooking implement ? (I was never very good at French.)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Quote from: ianrs54 on 01 July 2020, 06:39:56 AM
Surely it should be 42, afterall that is the answer !
Typical Pendraken - so close to perfection.  :P
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DaveH

Congratulations. Hopefully I'll be getting an order over to Pendraken before too long too.

Raider4

Congrats to you both.

Quote from: Ithoriel on 30 June 2020, 06:37:34 PM

Saw this, most odd. e-scooters are now road-legal, but only if rented? Strange, very strange.

Techno

That does sound odd, Martyn.  :o

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Congratulations! A well deserved reward for all your efforts!

L' Adle?

Isn't Barad Dur  more appropriate for the Dark lord?

When My daughter got married they the tables at the reception were named after places in Lord of the Rings (They are both mad on it). I suggested that the one my ex-wifes sat at be called Barad Dur and mine Gondor. I did get Gondor, but they were worried someone might enlighten my ex on what Barad Dur was.  ;D

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 03 July 2020, 06:42:20 PM
When My daughter got married they the tables at the reception were named after places in Lord of the Rings (They are both mad on it). I suggested that the one my ex-wifes sat at be called Barad Dur and mine Gondor. I did get Gondor, but they were worried someone might enlighten my ex on what Barad Dur was.  ;D

Should've gone with Lonely Mountain. They could've told your ex it was a Dwarven city famous for containing a unique jewel.

Meanwhile, all those in the know would be thinking ... DRAGON!!!!

:d :d :d :d