Pseudo-Bavarians & Wayward Venetians...

Started by snake777, 26 June 2020, 10:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: paulr on 29 June 2020, 06:36:37 AM
A strange effect indeed, in my recent ECW I had the Royalist flags flying to the right and Parliament to the left ;)
Quote from: snake777 on 29 June 2020, 10:23:24 PM
;D The Gods of War obviously have control over localised micro-climates!!!!

When they are facing each other the wind looks to be coming from the Royalist left and Parliament's right, i.e. from one side of the table ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

For the 'rare' occasions that flank attacks happen in ECW
Quote from: mmcv on 29 June 2020, 05:45:41 PM
I like to think the standard bearer has just been giving the flag a vigorous wave from side to side. Though given the tendency we have of oversizing flags at times it's a wonder he doesn't fall over!
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Very nicely done!!! A favorite period for me. Love your choice of blue for the Bavarians too!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

snake777

Quote from: Terry37 on 05 July 2020, 03:38:50 PM
Very nicely done!!! A favorite period for me. Love your choice of blue for the Bavarians too!

Terry

Many thanks Terry, I have been very entertained by the great 'Bavarian Blue' debate... Mine is a mix of Ultramarine blue, white & light grey, any variations between battalions I put down to the natural effects of fading!!! :D

DHautpol

Well done, these are very nice; very characterful mouldings and well painted.

The "Bavarian Blue" has come out very nicely too; although my preference is for the Humbrol "WWI German Light Blue" (No.109), my only use for enamels these days.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!

snake777

Quote from: DHautpol on 06 July 2020, 10:43:03 PM
Well done, these are very nice; very characterful mouldings and well painted.

The "Bavarian Blue" has come out very nicely too; although my preference is for the Humbrol "WWI German Light Blue" (No.109), my only use for enamels these days.

Thank you DHautpol  :) I must admit I haven't used enamels in decades!!