Hello!

Started by Adamwest, 24 June 2020, 04:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamwest

Hello all!
After years of hopping from one project to another in various scales (GW, warmaster, epic, 6mm historicals) i have decided to give 10mm historicals a go! I am currently assembling my punic war forces and so far i dont regret my decision, small enough for grand battles yet detailed enough to recognise different units!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hello and welcome
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Adamwest

Hello mad lemmy
Your franco prussian war basing has been a inspiration to my interest in the era and my 10mm basing. I was torn between warmaster 40×20 and big bases. I have based my carthaginians on 80x40 with 18 miniatures or 9 cavalry and i am very happy with the results!

mmcv

Hello and welcome! Looking forward to seeing what all you get up to so I hope you share pictures of your progress. You're spot on with your description of 10mm!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Aww thanks.
I would go wider and shallower if I had my time again, maybe if you put them into 3s to allow line, attack column and column like my 1864 Danes or Prussians,  but it's up to you.
Each base tells a story and its the rule of cool that is important.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kiwidave

Leon

Hi Adamwest, welcome to the Forum!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Welcome Adamwest. No doubt you will be drawn in by other periods - there is no escape  :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Welcome, Adamwest !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Adamwest

Hello all
Well without sounding crazy im planning
Hail caesar- punic wars then greeks/persians
Pike and shotte - thirty years war or ottoman wars
Black powder - late 19th century or napoleonics
Blitzkrieg commander- british and german or a alternate world where its the Austro-hungarian empire against soviet

Bit of work ahead........

Steve J

Welcome on board Adam and some nice plans you have there :).

hammurabi70

Quote from: Adamwest on 24 June 2020, 04:56:15 PM
Hello all!
After years of hopping from one project to another in various scales (GW, warmaster, epic, 6mm historicals) i have decided to give 10mm historicals a go! I am currently assembling my punic war forces and so far i dont regret my decision, small enough for grand battles yet detailed enough to recognise different units!

I have 6mm Punic Wars but many club members are, like myself, around retirement age and realise now that 10mm is easier on old eyes!

FierceKitty

Welcome aboard. Good starting choice, but risky - I tried that, and ended up with Numidians, Iberians, Gauls, and Greeks as well in a very short time.

Do consider SYW for the horse-and-musket era. Look at the two big ones, then choose, but don't fall for aggressive marketing and popular stereotypes. I am devoted to my SYW, and I know gamers whom I respect (yes, there are a few) who feel the same about Austerlitz as I do about Rossbach. They're wrong, but that's another debate....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Welcome Adam :-h

Some lovely figures in the Punic ranges :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Not more newbies, have to have a go at the membership committee ! Hi  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021