When

Started by flamingpig0, 09 June 2020, 08:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingpig0

Is there any news as to when we might see CWC2 ?
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Big Insect

We are at final proof reading and editorial 'tweaks' stage of the core rules.

However, the huge challenge is the army lists - which are coming along but are still works in progress.
We need to get an on-line version of the lists available (& ideally a list builder) - as that will also help us avoid some of the challenges we had with BCKIV around editing them and errata.

So I'll leave Leon to comment upon time-frames and other thoughts.

But rest assured they are not forgotten

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You intending to do individual lists for NATO and Pact minor nations Mark ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Work continues at this end so we're probably looking at the end of the year to get it finished off, maybe early 2021 for publication. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

flamingpig0

Quote from: ianrs54 on 09 June 2020, 08:48:58 AM
You intending to do individual lists for NATO and Pact minor nations Mark ?

We could do with splitting the Arab Lists- imho the Jordanians should be separate from the Soviet equipped Arabs
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Itinerant Hobbyist

Good to hear of progress. I would love to proof, but I would say I generally was a hinderance to BKC.

Anything I can do to help. It would be a new era for me, but I would be willing to give it a shot.

NogegoN

These are good news  B)

Splod

Sing out if you need any input for lists.

Arab-Israel is my passion and it would be good to put the knowledge to work!

And for what it's worth, yes Jordan should definitely be a different list to the other Arab states.

Welcome newbies - my understanding is that the lists will be less generic
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

The intention is to split out individual NATO country lists & Warsaw Pact country variants will be identified in the main Warsaw Pact section, with some specific country lists (where organisation differs significantly).

Likewise with the Arab lists - but the chosen 'end' date for CWCII will be the end of Gulf War I (Feb'1991) - for technical reasons - so we will probably produce some of the smaller Gulf State lists but they may not be a day one release. We may look at a post-Gulf War I supplement - if there is enough demand - but it wont be a priority for a while.
This may be a Gulf War II supplement - possibly along with a Balkan Wars supplement - at some time in the future.

A lot of work has already been done on a host of new South American lists for example and Southern Africa lists and it is also my intention we keep some of the smaller scale operational lists in the rules as well - such as the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) conflict for example.

The intention is to produce the lists in electronic (on-line) format as the logistical issues with lists for this length of time and such huge complexity is that they wont really work in hard-format (I think the errata issues would drive me into an early grave!). It might be possible to create a LuLu version for those die-hards that like a paper copy but it will be under the strict understanding that you update your own copies manually :D

The Korean War and 1st & 2nd Indo-China Wars will both now be supplements to BKCIV rather than being included in CWCII - although a personal conversion to play in CWCII should be very possible.

As Leon has stated earlier in this thread - priority now is to get the main body of the rules into a final draft for review.

Many thanks
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.