Firefighting

Started by d_Guy, 07 June 2020, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

Would you make the rules, cards etc available.  I've got a few co-op games.  The one that is the most fun is Thunderbirds, when playing with others I always have a laugh. 
"OK boys, where's T4"
"Africa, Dad"
"So Gordon is in Africa"
"No, he's at the asteroid belt..."

"What exactly is the problem on Mercury that we need Lady Penelope's help with"

"Penelope has stolen T2!"

I've got the Computer version of Flash Point - another firefighting game, and I find its easy if you approach it with military tactics!
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

d_Guy

:)
I wish I had the game in some sort of organized form, mostly scribbled notes!  :(
Maybe the day will come when it can be shared and I will happily do so.

Friends who played this a few times had also played Flash Point (boardgame) and liked both.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

mmcv

Quote from: d_Guy
Friends who played this a few times had also played Flash Point (boardgame) and liked both.

I was going to ask if it was anything like Flash Point* though sounds like yours predates it.

*Fun game though we haven't played it since my wife got upset that the dog got caught in an explosion and we couldn't save it...

d_Guy

Quote from: toxicpixie on 08 June 2020, 05:31:14 PM
Shame Bill! Though I've been buried under a New small baby or equally busy with household chores :D

Congrats!

d_Guy

Quote from: mmcv on 08 June 2020, 09:31:15 PM
*Fun game though we haven't played it since my wife got upset that the dog got caught in an explosion and we couldn't save it...

I see it now has a bunch of expansions ...and way better artwork! As far as I can tell their play mechanisms are rather different.
My game always had as an endpoint being able to play with model fire trucks.  ;D

mmcv

Quote from: d_Guy on 09 June 2020, 01:16:20 AM
I see it now has a bunch of expansions ...and way better artwork! As far as I can tell their play mechanisms are rather different.
My game always had as an endpoint being able to play with model fire trucks.  ;D

Yeah it's much more tactical, just focused on saving one building. So the truck just sits outside occasionally using its hose. Definitely more boardgame than miniature game.

toxicpixie

Quote from: d_Guy on 09 June 2020, 01:10:39 AM
Congrats!

Thank you, normal service will be resumed in @four years :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Orcs

Quote from: toxicpixie on 09 June 2020, 10:06:34 AM
Thank you, normal service will be resumed in @four years :D

Four years!!!!! you must be joking, the first 25 are the worst. It normally gets a little easier after that....... note I said normally. Often you have one or more  that defies even the quarter century marker by still needing help or causing problemd of some form.  ;)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

At my 21st birthday party my father told the guests the first 21 were the worst. At my 50th he admitted he'd lied back then and the first fifty were the worst! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

Well, normal service might be a bit hopeful.

More than staring at my toys over the top of a sleeping baby :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting