Raiden 1:285th Aircraft now available!

Started by Leon, 07 June 2020, 03:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

There are some strange entries in this list. The Martin MB5 (which never got into production) or the Boeing P26 and some real oddities in the German WWII section.

I may have to look a some ground attack aircraft for my completed 1944 NW Europe - Typhoons and maybe a P47 or two. Stukas for the Germans in 1940, and then of course I'd have to get Blenheims ... or ... and Battles ... the Hawk could be used for the French, and I've always had a soft spot for the SM79.

Then you could do the Korean War, Viet Nam War and early Arab-Israeli Wars with the post war selection.

I'll put another tab on my spreadsheet. :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 07 June 2020, 05:22:45 PM
While you're at it there's a Mosquite instead of a Mosquito.  :)

Fixed!

Quote from: fsn on 07 June 2020, 05:43:03 PM
Then you could do the Korean War, Viet Nam War and early Arab-Israeli Wars with the post war selection.

I'm hoping that folks can find a lot of it useful.  The costs of designing and producing aircraft is huge and I don't think it's something we'd be considering for 10mm/1:150th any time soon, so it's good to have an option (albeit 6mm) for folks to consider.  If there's a demand for it, we can pop them on the Pendraken site as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

As for stands, I still advocate florists wire.

Cheap and effective.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

I have obtained 6mm aircraft for my 10mm WW2 but yet to get around to painting them. Virtually every type is available from somewhere and for something that only gets used occasionally they are more cost effective.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fred.

Yes, me too. I got a big order a couple of years ago (for a birthday or Christmas's pressie) I've got a fair few painted. As they are small I took the opportunity to make some fairly tall flight stands - about 6" tall, so that the planes are a good distance about the figures.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Just a quick note, I've been looking at the current $/£ exchange rates tonight and I've adjusted some of the pricing on these new Raiden products to make them cheaper, so a £2.95 aircraft has been reduced to £2.50 instead.  Hopefully that makes them a bit more attractive to the European and Aus/NZ customers.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 07 June 2020, 11:54:55 PM
Just a quick note, I've been looking at the current $/£ exchange rates tonight and I've adjusted some of the pricing on these new Raiden products to make them cheaper, so a £2.95 aircraft has been reduced to £2.50 instead.  Hopefully that makes them a bit more attractive to the European and Aus/NZ customers.

Brilliant - Just don't tell Dave , he will have a fit,   >:( >:( >:(   or M'lady she was planning a week in Bali for you both, now it looks like she will leave you behind. ;D

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 08 June 2020, 12:01:15 AM
... or M'lady she was planning a week in Bali for you both, now it looks like she will leave you behind. ;D

I don't think there'll be many holidays going on in the next few years!  We'd planned to go on a Norwegain cruise next year which would have been our first proper holiday together in 18 years, but we're not as keen on the idea after the Corona outbreak.  Maybe a weekend in an isolated cottage instead...

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 08 June 2020, 12:17:04 AM
I don't think there'll be many holidays going on in the next few years!  We'd planned to go on a Norwegain cruise next year which would have been our first proper holiday together in 18 years, but we're not as keen on the idea after the Corona outbreak.  Maybe a weekend in an isolated cottage instead...

Yes , I think you may be right there.

There are people in our office that are still planning long haul holidays for this year.  I can't decide if they are optimistic or completely mad.

We were planning to go to California next year, but we are now looking at nice cottages in south wales, found one only 4 miles from Techno. If we book that one  hopefully by then I will be able to meet him for a pint. 

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 08 June 2020, 12:53:11 AM
There are people in our office that are still planning long haul holidays for this year.  I can't decide if they are optimistic or completely mad.

We were planning to go to California next year, but we are now looking at nice cottages in south wales, found one only 4 miles from Techno. If we book that one  hopefully by then I will be able to meet him for a pint. 

I'm sure people will be back on the planes as soon as they can but it doesn't feel at all safe to me.  There's going to be a variety of travel bans in place in certain countries, as we've seen with Greece this past week, so who knows where you could even travel to without restriction.  Holiday cottages in the UK are going to see a huge surge in business and prices will go through the roof as a result.  Hopefully there's a sensible approach to it and the holiday homes keep the pricing reasonable on the understanding that more tourists means more money for everyone in their local economy.

I think 4 miles might be too close to Techno though, you'd be able to hear him shouting at the sheep from across the valley...

Orcs

Very true, but it might provide some entertainment and I might even learn to swear in welsh !

I hope the prices in the UK do not surge, as may places are already unreasonable eve outside school holidays. Even when my girls were small (youngest is now 21)it was as cheap to go to Europe with Eurocamp than go in the UK. That way we had better chance of good weather and a different culture to experience.

It will also encourage more people to take flights abroad thus increasing the risk of another surge.

Leon

Hopefully it's all kept reasonable as it's the only holiday most of us will be getting for the foreseeable.  I suppose we could all buy caravans and go park up in the middle of nowhere instead.

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 08 June 2020, 01:11:12 AM
I hope the prices in the UK do not surge, as may places are already unreasonable eve outside school holidays. Even when my girls were small (youngest is now 21)it was as cheap to go to Europe with Eurocamp than go in the UK. That way we had better chance of good weather and a different culture to experience.

A forlorn hope at best. As with you, we found it cheaper to go camping in western France rather than Cornwall or the Mumbles. Better amenities for the price as well. In the UK you get offered a sloping field with a single toilet/shower block leftover from the war, and you're somehow expected to be grateful for this.

Orcs

Quote from: Raider4 on 08 June 2020, 01:41:36 AM
A forlorn hope at best. As with you, we found it cheaper to go camping in western France rather than Cornwall or the Mumbles. Better amenities for the price as well. In the UK you get offered a sloping field with a single toilet/shower block leftover from the war, and you're somehow expected to be grateful for this.
Now there is only the two of us and we are looking for a little more comfort we have found if you want a fortnight its often cheaper to go to the states than Europe

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 08 June 2020, 12:58:45 AM
I think 4 miles might be too close to Techno though, you'd be able to hear him shouting at the sheep from across the valley...

Me ?.....Shout at the sheep ?.......Nah !
I do curse them, when I can't find them, though....They're very good at hiding behind walls. Sods. ;)

Only got two left now...and they're pretty ancient for sheep....Got to sort out their yearly haircut soon. That's always a joy. X_X

Cheers - Phil