Revamped Opel Blitz trucks!

Started by Leon, 06 June 2020, 03:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

06 June 2020, 03:32:41 AM Last Edit: 06 June 2020, 03:36:27 AM by Leon

We're into Day 6 of the '10 Days of Shiny!'

We're back to Pendraken and some 10mm goodies today with some revamped and expanded Opel Blitz trucks!  We've replaced our original truck, AA and Maultier models as well as adding radio trucks, ambulance and a command version of the Maultier for good measure.  The revamp process is a long-term commitment to upgrading our models and keeping them up to modern standards, so it's good to get these ticked off.  Next on the revamp schedule will be the Pz IIIs which should be ready towards the end of the year.

For anyone wanting any of the old models to finish off existing projects, we'll still be able to supply them for a short period of time.  

WWII
German Vehicles - https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/german/vehicles/
GRV96   Opel Blitz truck, low sides   £3.20
GRV97   Opel Blitz truck, office body   £3.20
GRV98   Opel Blitz, 20mm Quad AA   £3.20
GRV99   Opel Blitz truck, high sides   £3.20
GRV100   Opel Maultier   £3.20
GRV122   Opel Blitz radio truck, Kfz.305/18   £3.20
GRV123   Opel Blitz radio truck, Kfz.305/22   £3.20
GRV124   Opel Blitz ambulance   £3.20
GRV125   Opel Maultier, office body   £3.20

And some pics:

GRV99 - Opel Blitz truck, high sides

GRV100 - Opel Maultier

GRV122 - Opel Blitz radio truck, Kfz.305/18

GRV124 - Opel Blitz ambulance

Day 7 will be a rather large Minibits release, so watch out 6mm WWII gamers...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

You know when I said a few days ago that I'd completely and utterly finished NW Europe 1944?

Are you trying to make a liar out of me? :P

Hmmm. Perhaps I could add some more softskins to the Germans in Italy?  :-\  There's the makings of a nice HQ group there.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

They are cool. Nice updates and additions.

Might add a radio truck - what is the difference between the two variants?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fsn

Hope that clears it up.

The 18 is a Funkkraftwagen (Kzw. / Lgw.) - radio motor vehicle (SW/LW), the 22 is a Funkpeilkraftwagen - radio bearing motor vehicle. http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Miscellaneous/Kfz-Numbers/Kfz__Numbers/kfz__numbers.html
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

That radio truck is rather nice and perfect for command stands etc :).

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

So thoughtful of Leon - already he is banging out kit to compliment the new Gestapo and Milice  figures !  :)

Which he hasn't said he is going to do !!!!  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Noktu

Going to grab a few maultiers! Awesome!

fred.

Quote from: fsn on 06 June 2020, 07:32:58 AM
Hope that clears it up.

The 18 is a Funkkraftwagen (Kzw. / Lgw.) - radio motor vehicle (SW/LW), the 22 is a Funkpeilkraftwagen - radio bearing motor vehicle. [u

Thanks for looking it up. In summary they have different numbers in the names, and one possibly has a slightly higher roof.

Got to love the German military- much better to have many slightly different versions of everything so you don't have enough to go round, rather than just have lots of one model, but at least you have lots of it.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Sunray

Quote from: fred. on 06 June 2020, 10:21:05 AM

Got to love the German military- much better to have many slightly different versions of everything so you don't have enough to go round, rather than just have lots of one model, but at least you have lots of it.

Brought a smile to my face.  This culture survived post war.

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 06 June 2020, 07:07:06 AM
Might add a radio truck - what is the difference between the two variants?

Quote from: fsn on 06 June 2020, 07:32:58 AM
The 18 is a Funkkraftwagen (Kzw. / Lgw.) - radio motor vehicle (SW/LW), the 22 is a Funkpeilkraftwagen - radio bearing motor vehicle. http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Miscellaneous/Kfz-Numbers/Kfz__Numbers/kfz__numbers.html

From what I had on my notes, the 18 was a regular radio communication truck, whereas the 22 had the ability to interept enemy transmissions as well, hence the second aerial on the back.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Sunray

Quote from: ianrs54 on 06 June 2020, 08:47:29 AM
Which he hasn't said he is going to do !!!!  :d

Knowing Leon, he will observe response and calculate demand.   Pendraken  does not commission and produce figures for the fun of it.
We have to balance what we "desire" with what will generate enough sales to make a profit, and pay wages and bills.

The Gestapo and counter resistance types have a few things going for them:
1. They are WW2.  The bread and butter of figure sales and part of an enormous range of existing kit and scenery.
2. What I call the "Tiger boredom factor".  We all started with "popular" German forces.  Eventually one gets tired of hunting Tigers.  We desire a little variety from 1944 games.  We do the desert, Arnhem, Italy, the Eastern Front, and finally the BEF 1940.
3.  With talent like Techno sculpting, personality types are possible- and can be factored dice wise into the game.

Orcs

Quote from: Sunray on 06 June 2020, 10:47:32 PM
2. What I call the "Tiger boredom factor".  We all started with "popular" German forces.  Eventually one gets tired of hunting Tigers.  We desire a little variety from 1944 games. 

I don't have any Tigers or Panthers in my entire 10mm WW2 collection.  :)  Because its all pre 1941.

I do have a short  platoon each of  Tiger 1's and Tiger 2's and Panthers in my 20mm WW2 though.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson