Monkeynut disease is spreading

Started by Sunray, 04 June 2020, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Yes, I am self isolating as I have all the classic "request" symptoms.

I really want a couple of  WW2 Gestapo types.  - Herr Otto Flick and Arnold Toht caricature - long leather coat, broad brimmed black fedora.  Perhaps a Luger by the side  ? 
A couple of Milice - images show police style uniforms, French berets, and a profusion of British small arms (SMLE M3 and Bren)

Perhaps a few German garrison types in side cap and MP40 ?

We already have the ALL the vehicles,11CV car, lorries, M/C combo, Resistance fighters, assorted other Germans, and Commandos (Korean winter Brits were designed with proxy in mind).

Ithoriel

I've moved on from Herr Flick to Stephen Merchant as my archetypal Gestapo caricature

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Sunray

But would you purchase a set of caricature figures ?  Possibly as "characters", slightly more expensive than the run of the mill.

fsn

For the Milice do you mean this sort of thing?

I could be interested in a platoon or so.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

That's the boys   Nobby.

Police type uniform with tie,  French style left pull beret, and ex-BEF smalls arms.

Would you use them as Milice against Resistance or would you use them as a proxy?

If you were talking platoon, then a couple of rifle poses, a Bren gunner, an SMG (I have noted Stens and MAS38) and an officer type in Kepi.

Some of these chaps must have been ex-French Army prior to the Vichy regime. They were on local turf, and I recall a lecturer claiming that the Resistance dreaded them because of their local knowledge.  Possibly a higher rating than German garrison troops ?

Ithoriel

Quote from: Sunray on 04 June 2020, 06:05:01 PM
But would you purchase a set of caricature figures ?  Possibly as "characters", slightly more expensive than the run of the mill.

Caricatures, not really. But Gestapo and local forces yes, though I'd want Eastern Front Schutzmannschaft or Ordnungsdienst not Milice. I have a collection of figures intended to become BKC Soviet partizans, it would be nice to have local forces to deal with, from time to time, rather than the Wehrmacht
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Quote from: Sunray on 04 June 2020, 08:04:36 PM
Would you use them as Milice against Resistance or would you use them as a proxy?

Oh definitely against Resistance ... and possibly Commando raids ... and I need to check up on those SAS forces as in "Fire From the Forest".

Lots of possibilities.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

monkeynut

Sunray

Quote from: monkeynut on 04 June 2020, 10:52:09 PM
😳

🐵

He only joined the forum a few weeks ago,  and already he is a legend.

Knowing the style of humour on this forum,  making a request could well be known as "doing a monkeynut"

Reminds me of the 2nd Batt when in Stanley.  The boss discovered they were calling male Falkland Islanders "Bennies" after a Crossroads character.  He banned the use of the term.   From that day, the term "Stills" appeared - they were still Bennies.  :)

Sunray

Quote from: Ithoriel on 04 June 2020, 08:51:06 PM
Caricatures, not really. But Gestapo and local forces yes, though I'd want Eastern Front Schutzmannschaft or Ordnungsdienst not Milice. I have a collection of figures intended to become BKC Soviet partizans, it would be nice to have local forces to deal with, from time to time, rather than the Wehrmacht

That's interesting. the Schutzmanner were originally issued with modified SS uniforms, but gradually German police uniforms replaced them.   Russian Cossack would also be a welcome addition.

These local force encounters are at a scale well suited to the tabletop. not to mention the variety of uniform and AP rates.   

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

They are working on a vaccine so I heard  ;) Nice idea
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

I think I've had a touch of the Monkeynuts. So whilst I'm sat on this cooling cushion, I thought I'd list my wish list:

• Trojan Wars
  • Chariots - Egyptian , Assyrian, Sumerian etc
  • Byzantines C11
  • Pig faced bascinets
  • Royal Marines, 1808
  • Swedes 1813
  • Spanish American War 1898
  • Mexican Border War 1910
  • Airborne 17pdr towing vehicle
  • S-tank & associated Swedes
  • Superheroes

Raider4

Quote from: fsn on 09 June 2020, 12:38:41 PM

• Trojan Wars
  • Chariots - Egyptian , Assyrian, Sumerian etc

These are interesting, and I'd certainly consider them if available.

Oh yes. Please yes. Sign me up for these. Now.

FierceKitty

Egyptians and Assyrians are available elsewhere if you're impatient.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DaveH

I think I've had a touch of the Monkeynuts. So whilst I'm sat on this cooling cushion, I thought I'd list my wish list:

What about other root vegetables like turnips?