How many flags in an 1809 Austrian Infantry Regiment

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 03 June 2020, 11:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Flags added, now I've got to edge them, tanned Austrians and their beautiful vandyke edge designs...
8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

I find a black sharpie does the job - I do the edge after cutting and before folding/gluing, it's a tad harder once added and curled into shape  ;)

Westmarcher

I carefully apply a very thin amount of paint to the edge of the flag when fixed in place but one technique which I have yet to try and recommended by at least one of the flag suppliers is to paint the opposite side edges of the flag before folding and fixing to the figure. Has anyone tried that and with what success?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fred.

Not tried that method - but it sounds only good for misaligned halves, rather than the cut top edges. I find painting the edges of the flags once in position pretty easy, but I don't go for too creative a set of folds for the flag.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner