Acceptable office speak

Started by Last Hussar, 03 June 2020, 06:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 11 August 2020, 09:52:36 AM
High time we got a couple of new Eagle warriors, Cuachicqueh, Huaxtecs, and slingers!

No no we need some Tarascans, Chichimec and Mayans! Maybe some Zapotec, Mixtec, Chinantec... Just all the -ecs.

Then there's the Inca...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Those bloody mezo americans again - FLYIN G PIGS NEEDED NOW
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 11 August 2020, 02:20:01 PM
Those bloody mezo americans again - FLYIN G PIGS NEEDED NOW

Hang on......So what are all these "odd" requests ?
Fantasy and 'normal' bears. (Done...though Leon hasn't got the masters of the fantasy  ones yet.)

Wombles with AK 47's

Flying pigs.....(Might be a bit of a sod to cast those as a one piece.) :-\

Armoured ducks ?.....(Or something to do with ducks. ?)

Have I forgotten anything else ?

Cheers - Phil ;)

mmcv

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 August 2020, 03:14:56 PM
Mapuche

Bless you.

But also yes.

And all the North Americans took.

chrishanley

Back in the day when I had a proper job "office speak" was in common parlance among the higher management. My colleague and I would play what we called Bull**** Bingo. Pre-meeting, we would each secretly write five corporate phrases and tick them off during proceedings as they were uttered. If you got a full house your next contribution to the meeting had to incorporate the word bingo. I cannot claim the fiscal benefit was improved by our behavior, but it did make meetings, which took minutes and wasted hours go a little quicker.

hammurabi70

Quote from: chrishanley on 04 September 2020, 10:27:03 PM
Back in the day when I had a proper job "office speak" was in common parlance among the higher management. My colleague and I would play what we called Bull**** Bingo. Pre-meeting, we would each secretly write five corporate phrases and tick them off during proceedings as they were uttered. If you got a full house your next contribution to the meeting had to incorporate the word bingo. I cannot claim the fiscal benefit was improved by our behavior, but it did make meetings, which took minutes and wasted hours go a little quicker.

I used to amuse myself by getting obscure words into my Board reports.  Well, they were all supposed to be very clever and erudite individuals, which they were.  I got told off once for doing it and I considered that a great success, giving myself a high-five while demonstrating repentance and a promise not to do it again.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Techno on 14 August 2020, 07:31:22 AM
Hang on......So what are all these "odd" requests ?
Fantasy and 'normal' bears. (Done...though Leon hasn't got the masters of the fantasy  ones yet.)

Wombles with AK 47's

Flying pigs.....(Might be a bit of a sod to cast those as a one piece.) :-

Armoured ducks ?.....(Or something to do with ducks. ?)

Have I forgotten anything else ?

Cheers - Phil ;)

One presumes the fantasy bears are the ones with the enormous shoulder-pads.

Techno

Well....Not enormous.....But they do have shoulder 'armour'......and other bits. =)

Cheers - Phil :D

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021