Acceptable office speak

Started by Last Hussar, 03 June 2020, 06:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leon on 09 August 2020, 09:41:46 PM
I think if we take a helicopter view of things then there might be some low-hanging fruit that we can prioritise for future empowerment.  With that done we can drill down into the logistics of the situation and see if it's going to be scalable, allowing us to really leverage our assets and take it to the next level. 

On the contrary Leon, I believe you should leverage your current synergies to bottom out your fiscal outflow thereby providing the fiscal stability to allow some blue sky thinking around the pros and cons of sticking to your knitting, at this time, or, going forward, to diversifying into synergistic product categories.

You might consider creating the posts of Senior Operations Director (Strategy) and Operations Deputy Director (Strategy).

Because you never know when odds and sods might be useful :)

Better still, have a nice cup of tea and a few minutes peace and quiet :) It would be well deserved!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Ithoriel on 09 August 2020, 11:07:55 PM
On the contrary Leon, I believe you should leverage your current synergies to bottom out your fiscal outflow thereby providing the fiscal stability to allow some blue sky thinking around the pros and cons of sticking to your knitting, at this time, or, going forward, to diversifying into synergistic product categories.

You might consider creating the posts of Senior Operations Director (Strategy) and Operations Deputy Director (Strategy).

Because you never know when odds and sods might be useful :)

Better still, have a nice cup of tea and a few minutes peace and quiet :) It would be well deserved!

You guys are good BUT!

BZZZZZtttt: Repetition of fiscal (You'd never catch Derek Nimmo falling into that trap).

The real posts you need are: Senior Operations Director (Strategy) and Senior Strategy Director (Operations)
Let them fight and place bets.

Ithoriel

Ah! But fiscal outflow is the purview of Finance (Supplier Management) while fiscal stability makes it a matter for Finance (Accounting) and one needs full engagement with the process by all those with a dog in the fight .... and, as you so ably point out with your suggested job titles, how can you have a fight if there are no competing vested interests? And one needs full and frank discussion of all issues to ensure we are all singing from the same hymn sheet :)

I did work briefly with a bloke from a client's R&D arm whose job title was Vice-President Blue Sky Thinking who's job seemed mainly to consist of thinking of potentially Darwin Award winning uses for their products so their legal team could draft warnings not to do them. You know, "don't trim your beard with the lawnmower" type stuff.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 10 August 2020, 01:04:50 AM

I did work briefly with a bloke from a client's R&D arm whose job title was Vice-President Blue Sky Thinking whose job seemed mainly to consist of thinking of potentially Darwin Award winning uses for their products so their legal team could draft warnings not to do them. You know, "don't trim your beard with the lawnmower" type stuff.

Urgent - copy to Phil!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

X_X
Quote from: Westmarcher on 09 August 2020, 10:41:00 PM
It's a pity bromide laced tea is no longer available, Phil. What a nice present that would be for Orcs as a thank you for all of these nice band-aids he sent you.  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Westmarcher on 09 August 2020, 10:41:00 PM
It's a pity bromide laced tea is no longer available, Phil. What a nice present that would be for Orcs as a thank you for all of these nice band-aids he sent you.  ;)

I do drink bromide laced tea - Think what i would be like without it !!

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Westmarcher

:o   Lock up your daughters!  And your sheep!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Smoking gun

I remember one of my colleagues in a jargon filled meeting saying to the senior manager "The pigs are fuelled and lined up ready for take off!". It took a little while for that to be processed and when it was the meeting was quickly terminated and we went back to our proper work. :)

Best wishes,
Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

I frequently use " Pig Squadron to control, landing permision #" it is a good un.

There is another urgent request to Phil, Winged Pigs  ;D

hammurabi70

Quote from: Leon on 09 August 2020, 09:41:46 PM
I think if we take a helicopter view of things then there might be some low-hanging fruit that we can prioritise for future empowerment.  With that done we can drill down into the logistics of the situation and see if it's going to be scalable, allowing us to really leverage our assets and take it to the next level. 

In short, more sculpty-sculpty, casty-casty...

I thought the whole idea of trying to pick low-hanging fruit is that you do not need to have a helicopter to pick them; using one might be a recipe for disaster.  :D  8)

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 10 August 2020, 03:49:34 PM
There is another urgent request to Phil, Winged Pigs  ;D

Bog off, Ian !  ;D ;D ;D

I've finished three of the fantasy bears, now.....Now just two simple conversions to do.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

High time we got a couple of new Eagle warriors, Cuachicqueh, Huaxtecs, and slingers!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.