Did we talk about Vickers QF 2.95 inch Mountain Gun?

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 03 June 2020, 12:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

I have a feeling that we've discussed this topic before but I can't find any listing in the forum posts.

The gun had an interesting history being used by Egyptians, other African nations/colonies before and during WW1 (East Africa campaign), Americans during the Spanish American war and later equipped the forces fighting the Japanese in the Philippines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QF_2.95-inch_mountain_gun

Any other interest in this?

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

paulr

I would be interested if there were Americans in battle bowlers to go with them
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

GrumpyOldMan

Well this is what happens when you're locked up inside and get bored, working on 3d models ...... (pic attached)

Just working on a figure of a rifleman that I can morph into other types... Working on the chunkiness and vertex assignment (90% done) now, have already got a BAR, Thompson, Browning 1917 30cal water cooled MMG, Colt 1911, Lewis gun, Garrand (model has a Springfield currently), jodhpurs, boots and campaign hat, bush hat and long trousers. Even got a Boys AT rifle although I can't find much info on their use in the Pacific. Once I get them prettied up I'll get some printed up by Shapeways or similar and see if they could be used as masters. I imagine they'd still need some manual finishing.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

pierre the shy

09 June 2020, 02:27:05 AM #4 Last Edit: 09 June 2020, 02:32:58 AM by pierre the shy
The Boy(e)s AT Rifle was only issued to US Marine Raider battalions in limited numbers during 1942/3 according to this source:

https://www.nps.gov/parkhistory/online_books/npswapa/extContent/usmc/pcn-190-003130-00/sec8.htm

Their most famous moment in Marine hands was being used to help shoot up two Japanese seaplanes during the 2nd Raider battalion's Makin Island raid in Oct 1942.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.