Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 April 2021, 12:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've added the first wave of Fantasy Monsters!!
321851 Posts in 18511 Topics by 2312 Members
Latest Member: Zookie
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  New Releases
| | |-+  Previous Years' Releases
| | | |-+  2020 Releases
| | | | |-+  New tools available!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New tools available!  (Read 1206 times)
Leon
Viscount

« on: 01 June 2020, 01:23:56 AM »

It's Day 1 of our 10 Days of Shiny!

First up we've got a nice easy one with a selection of handy items added to our tools selection.  Some of you may have spotted these hiding on our websites last week, but we can announce them properly for you now. 
- The decal picker is a really useful gadget and is a lot easier than trying to peel them off your fingertip! 
- We wouldn't recommend the mould line remover for use on 10mm figures but it's great for plastic kits, resin models and the edges of MDF bases as well.   
- The tweezer set is a great one to have on your modelling desk and saves all the hassle and frustration of heads, guns and turrets being superglued to your fingers!
- And finally the dropper bottles allow you to mix and store your own paint colours in bigger batches.  We've been using these in Pendraken HQ and it's a lot easier than trying to mix the right ratios on your palette time after time.

Tools - https://pendraken.co.uk/tools-putties-glues/tools/ and http://www.minibits.net/tools-putties-glues/
TOOL-TL7   Decal Picker   8.95
TOOL-TL8   Mould Line remover   6.95
TOOL-TL9   Tweezers set (x5)   14.95
TOOL-TL10   Dropper bottles (x4)   3.95

Tomorrow is Day 2 of 10 and we'll have some nice 10mm additions for the WWII crowd...

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
steve_holmes_11
Colonel

« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2020, 01:03:27 PM »

It goes without saying that I 'need' a decal placer, but how does it work.

fsn
General

« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2020, 01:38:15 PM »

I needed one before I painted 773 tiny aircraft!  Angry

Lord Oik of Runcorn
(You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014
Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!
2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020
7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition

15mm is dead. It just doesn't know it yet.
Techno
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2020, 02:20:31 PM »

I rather wish I hadn't bought a set of tweezers last year......Those ones look rather splendid.

Perfect for removing nails from horses' hooves tiny thorns from the soles of Von's feet.
(She doesn't half yelp when I use the point of a 10A blade, to start the process off....and how she manages to get those tiny thorns into her feet...I simply can't figure out.)

Cheers - Dr Phil. Tongue
FierceKitty
Field Marshal

The dog is a peasant. The cat is a gentleman.

« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2020, 02:29:24 PM »

Two days ago I finally managed to extract a seed which has been defying surgery in my foot for nearly five years!

I have not the pleasure of understanding you. Of what are you talking?
ianrs54
Playtester
General

« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2020, 02:54:24 PM »

I rather wish I hadn't bought a set of tweezers last year......Those ones look rather splendid.

Perfect for removing nails from horses' hooves tiny thorns from the soles of Von's feet.
(She doesn't half yelp when I use the point of a 10A blade, to start the process off....and how she manages to get those tiny thorns into her feet...I simply can't figure out.)

Cheers - Dr Phil. Tongue

I'm layin em as caltrops ! Don't tell anyone

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021
Techno
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2020, 03:00:01 PM »

Two days ago I finally managed to extract a seed which has been defying surgery in my foot for nearly five years!

I bet the skin over that was like a lump of concrete !

How truly tiny little 'things', like that, can ever give us so much grief. I don't want to see

Good for you for winning, in the end, Alexander !...Huzzah !

Cheers - Phil Smiley
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2020, 03:03:12 PM »

It goes without saying that I 'need' a decal placer, but how does it work.

It's got little textured rubber stoppers on each end which 'grip' the decal in the water and lift it out easily for you to place on the model.  It's definitely easier than using a fingertip and then trying to peel the decal off your finger into the right place, especially with the smaller designs.  You can also use a small paintbrush as well.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
mmcv
Brigadier

« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2020, 03:39:19 PM »

Interesting, I'd always been put off using decals as my early efforts with them proved exceptionally frustrating. Even on 28mms.

The tweezers look good, I just recently bought a set of various different tweezers and the angled ones like the 7 tweezer there have proven very useful.

Techno
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2020, 04:11:12 PM »

Interesting, I'd always been put off using decals as my early efforts with them proved exceptionally frustrating. Even on 28mms.

Going off on one, again.....When I was 'in charge' of the figure painters at the Evil Empire.....and the transfers for the Space Hulk figures first came out.
Mike McVey could paint better 'decals' freehand than using the transfers.

As far as painting was concerned.....Mike was probably the best figure painter that I've ever worked with.....(Been in charge of..... Grin Grin Grin)

Cheers - Phil

Big Insect
Colonel

« Reply #10 on: 01 June 2020, 07:39:20 PM »

I bet the skin over that was like a lump of concrete !

How truly tiny little 'things', like that, can ever give us so much grief. I don't want to see

Good for you for winning, in the end, Alexander !...Huzzah !

Cheers - Phil Smiley

I still have small shards of non-ferrous metal buried in the palm of my hand (ball of my thumb to be accurate) from over 30 years ago. From when I was a silversmith & jeweller. 
They have all gone a blue-green - telling me they are probably copper or brass our gilding metal rather than anything actually 'worth' extracting - such as silver, gold or platinum.
But they are microscopic slivers and have definately become almost impossible to extract despite using a very sharp scalpel  Shocked
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: