Generic ground crew

Started by monkeynut, 01 June 2020, 02:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeynut

Could I please put forward a few suggestions;

British RAF / Luftwaffe ground crew figures ie re fuelling , carrying out maintenance etc In boiler suits and side
Military/ RAF Police on sentry/ guard duty with peak caps
Navy Officer in peak cap with crew in woolly jumpers and tin helmets
Kriegsmarine U boat crew landing party with dingy
" downed" Aircrew

Thank you for your time and consideration

🐵

Orcs

I am afraid that none of these are really commercially viable.

The ground crew are really only useful on a airfield scenario and you would only require a very small number of them. likewise the sentrys.

As for the navy stuff I am not sure where they would fit in with any other products in the range. If you had a downed aircrew you would then need Motor launches etc.

I would rather the range of available aircraft be increased to include other ground attack aircraft such as the IL2 Sturmovik, the Polikarpov Po2 and one or two of the Japanese planes like the Zero or Ki-51.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

monkeynut

Sadly Orcs I know you're correct ,not very commercially viable, but I still need hopes and dreams. Maybe one day in the future wishes will come true 😃
Maybe not, reality's a bummer☹️

🐵

GrumpyOldMan

monkeynut

Thanks for the info grumpy old man.

🐵

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Dont request, dont get   ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

monkeynut

Thanks Sunday appreciated.

🐵

pierre the shy

If you want generic 10mm groundcrew what about these chaps - they are listed in the makers modern range but look fairly generic period and nationality wise:

http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=1&CategoryID=3&SubCategoryID=18

http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/images/catalogue/MI101.jpg
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

monkeynut

Thanks Pierre the shy that's  the sort of thing I had in mind.Do you by chance have any idea how well this range matches up with Pendraken's figures size wise?Are they compatible?
Regards.

🐵

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

The Minifigs on the same base as Pendraken look a little taller and more slender, a bit like N Gauge railway stuff. If you don't have them on the same base or not near each other they are ok.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

monkeynut

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!