Generic figures

Started by monkeynut, 01 June 2020, 02:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeynut

Please may I put forward a few requests/ suggestions which IMHO maybe useful across a wide range of periods exactly like your current FPX1 figures in short and trousers;

Logistic figures— carrying kegs, sacks, boxes etc.
Pontoon figures— carrying planks, hammering, holding plans etc
Camp figures— standing arms folded, crossed arms, carrying bucket, holding cup etc
Medical figures— Surgeon and assistants in aprons, patients on tables
Cooks— cooking pots, fires, ovens. figures In aprons with spoons, bread etc

As stated all in shirt and trousers so could be utilised across a wide range of periods
Thanks for your time and consideration.

🐵

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I rather suspect that they would be of limited interest and not particularly comercially viable - but add me to the idea
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: monkeynut on 01 June 2020, 02:33:02 PM
Please may I put forward a few requests/ suggestions which IMHO maybe useful across a wide range of periods exactly like your current FPX1 figures in short and trousers;

Logistic figures— carrying kegs, sacks, boxes etc.
Pontoon figures— carrying planks, hammering, holding plans etc
Camp figures— standing arms folded, crossed arms, carrying bucket, holding cup etc
Medical figures— Surgeon and assistants in aprons, patients on tables
Cooks— cooking pots, fires, ovens. figures In aprons with spoons, bread etc

As stated all in shirt and trousers so could be utilised across a wide range of periods
Thanks for your time and consideration.

🐵

The shirt and trousers are generic enough.  The hassle starts with headdress and footwear.  For WW2 you could get away with the "fore and aft"  field cap.  Footwear would need to be sculpted to paint as (a) jackboot or (b) ankle boot and gaiters.
That would serve 1930s-1970s.

The major hassle with the range is that apart from scenic and diorama, most wargamers prefer front line troops for their buck- not REMF with a low morale and a 2/30.

There is also the considerable outlay cost of commissioning  such a range at a time when Cold War and Modern/Arab/Israeli  are in full lobby mode.

But hey! let's see what interest it generates .  :)

fsn

I can see some utility ... like the sheep and cows, the camp figures, cooks and surgeons could be objectives. Lots of examples where cavalry got distracted by the goodies in an enemy camp.

Mostly ancient and medieval though.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Some of these could be useful - particularly the first couple of options.

The FPX1 working party has made its way into a number of my armies - but in pretty small numbers

Some of these are around in the ranges - again it's finding them in slightly out of period ranges to what you are looking at that is hard.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

John Cook

I like a degree of 'window dressing' for all my games and have a number of mini-dioramas, particularly for my SCW and WW2 in the form of command posts, field workshops, dressing stations and so on but, to be honest, I prefer to make my own and I like the uniqueness of them.  I suspect, these figures are not the sort, that would sell in large numbers.  But, what do I know.

I've spent hours converting figures so I can have LMG/MMG/mortars both deployed and moving.  Those kinds of figures would appeal to me much more.

OldenBUA

Quote from: Raider4 on 01 June 2020, 05:56:15 PM
Are these any good:

Unpainted Figures Pack A N gauge

Unpainted Figures Pack B N gauge

The ladies with bags in those packs will be very useful for the battle of Pearl Harbour!!!

https://montypython.fandom.com/wiki/Batley_Townswomen%27s_Guild_Presents_the_Battle_of_Pearl_Harbour
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

monkeynut

Thanks Raider4 for the info but not quite what I had in mind though.
Kind regards

🐵

monkeynut

What I meant to say was shirt, trousers and bare headed as FXP1 so with a little conversion ( ie appropriate head wear , imagination and paint job) could fit and be passed off for your chosen period. Thinking AWI, ACW,Napoleonic,Crimean, Colonial wars, WW2,WW1,RCW,SCW,Interwar etc and if really wanted the Battle of Pearl Harbour!
😁 but as stated  by others may only have limited sell ability.

🐵

Orcs

Like FPX1 the Polish WW2 engineers Pol15 are very suitable for all WW2  and later armies. You just need to round off the corners of  Czapka into a field cap.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!