New tools available!

Started by Leon, 01 June 2020, 01:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's Day 1 of our 10 Days of Shiny!

First up we've got a nice easy one with a selection of handy items added to our tools selection.  Some of you may have spotted these hiding on our websites last week, but we can announce them properly for you now. 
- The decal picker is a really useful gadget and is a lot easier than trying to peel them off your fingertip! 
- We wouldn't recommend the mould line remover for use on 10mm figures but it's great for plastic kits, resin models and the edges of MDF bases as well.   
- The tweezer set is a great one to have on your modelling desk and saves all the hassle and frustration of heads, guns and turrets being superglued to your fingers!
- And finally the dropper bottles allow you to mix and store your own paint colours in bigger batches.  We've been using these in Pendraken HQ and it's a lot easier than trying to mix the right ratios on your palette time after time.

Tools - https://pendraken.co.uk/tools-putties-glues/tools/ and http://www.minibits.net/tools-putties-glues/
TOOL-TL7   Decal Picker   £8.95
TOOL-TL8   Mould Line remover   £6.95
TOOL-TL9   Tweezers set (x5)   £14.95
TOOL-TL10   Dropper bottles (x4)   £3.95

Tomorrow is Day 2 of 10 and we'll have some nice 10mm additions for the WWII crowd...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

It goes without saying that I 'need' a decal placer, but how does it work.

fsn

I needed one before I painted 773 tiny aircraft!  >:(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I rather wish I hadn't bought a set of tweezers last year......Those ones look rather splendid.

Perfect for removing nails from horses' hooves tiny thorns from the soles of Von's feet.
(She doesn't half yelp when I use the point of a 10A blade, to start the process off....and how she manages to get those tiny thorns into her feet...I simply can't figure out.)

Cheers - Dr Phil. :P

FierceKitty

Two days ago I finally managed to extract a seed which has been defying surgery in my foot for nearly five years!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 01 June 2020, 02:20:31 PM
I rather wish I hadn't bought a set of tweezers last year......Those ones look rather splendid.

Perfect for removing nails from horses' hooves tiny thorns from the soles of Von's feet.
(She doesn't half yelp when I use the point of a 10A blade, to start the process off....and how she manages to get those tiny thorns into her feet...I simply can't figure out.)

Cheers - Dr Phil. :P

I'm layin em as caltrops ! :-$
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 01 June 2020, 02:29:24 PM
Two days ago I finally managed to extract a seed which has been defying surgery in my foot for nearly five years!

I bet the skin over that was like a lump of concrete !

How truly tiny little 'things', like that, can ever give us so much grief. X_X

Good for you for winning, in the end, Alexander !...Huzzah !

Cheers - Phil :)

Leon

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 01 June 2020, 01:03:27 PM
It goes without saying that I 'need' a decal placer, but how does it work.

It's got little textured rubber stoppers on each end which 'grip' the decal in the water and lift it out easily for you to place on the model.  It's definitely easier than using a fingertip and then trying to peel the decal off your finger into the right place, especially with the smaller designs.  You can also use a small paintbrush as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mmcv

Interesting, I'd always been put off using decals as my early efforts with them proved exceptionally frustrating. Even on 28mms.

The tweezers look good, I just recently bought a set of various different tweezers and the angled ones like the 7 tweezer there have proven very useful.

Techno

Quote from: mmcv on 01 June 2020, 03:39:19 PM
Interesting, I'd always been put off using decals as my early efforts with them proved exceptionally frustrating. Even on 28mms.

Going off on one, again.....When I was 'in charge' of the figure painters at the Evil Empire.....and the transfers for the Space Hulk figures first came out.
Mike McVey could paint better 'decals' freehand than using the transfers.

As far as painting was concerned.....Mike was probably the best figure painter that I've ever worked with.....(Been in charge of..... ;D ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil

Big Insect

Quote from: Techno on 01 June 2020, 03:00:01 PM
I bet the skin over that was like a lump of concrete !

How truly tiny little 'things', like that, can ever give us so much grief. X_X

Good for you for winning, in the end, Alexander !...Huzzah !

Cheers - Phil :)

I still have small shards of non-ferrous metal buried in the palm of my hand (ball of my thumb to be accurate) from over 30 years ago. From when I was a silversmith & jeweller. 
They have all gone a blue-green - telling me they are probably copper or brass our gilding metal rather than anything actually 'worth' extracting - such as silver, gold or platinum.
But they are microscopic slivers and have definately become almost impossible to extract despite using a very sharp scalpel  :o
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.