The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV

Started by mmcv, 30 May 2020, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

Lovely stuff, Matthew !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

mmcv

Had eight New Model Army foot regiments sorted into neat piles with all their reinforcements painted up and ready for basing during the week.

Today, while setting up a game (battle report in time...) I managed to jostle the tray they were all neaty stacked on and now I have a large pile of mixed foot needing sorting again.  :'(

DecemDave

:'(    I feel your pain.
Just spent 1/2 a day sorting out my generals, wagons and dragoons into little piles to paint.  Chances of shuffling during prep are high.

mmcv

Of course. When sorting to paint I usually stick them to lolly sticks so they don't get too out of order pre painting. This is actually the second time I've managed to knock these out of order. At least this time they've had their cuffs all colour coded so easier to resort... hopefully. May just hold off and sort and base all at once when I've time to do so.

DecemDave

X_X  as predicted.  10 various wagons,  25 horses Real pain assembling the wheels and axles and now the horses are completely muddled up.   

mmcv

Quote from: DecemDave on 19 April 2021, 12:18:18 PM
X_X  as predicted.  10 various wagons,  25 horses Real pain assembling the wheels and axles and now the horses are completely muddled up.   

Nightmare! I had considered sorting them all into little baggies but the risk of damage on already painted ones is higher then. And it's more faff to fish them out of the wee bags as needed!

DecemDave

my  12 month ECW project finally reaches the most critical element

mmcv

Yes! Absolutely vital.

Sir Eweram Lambshanks, the Earl of Wool's Own Regiment of Hoof

DecemDave

Quote from: mmcv on 20 April 2021, 11:55:47 AM
Yes! Absolutely vital.

Sir Eweram Lambshanks, the Earl of Wool's Own Regiment of Hoof

;D ;D  Brilliant improv.   The only thing you missed is that they are on the side of Baaaliament.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: DecemDave on 20 April 2021, 12:27:59 PM
;D ;D  Brilliant improv.   The only thing you missed is that they are on the side of Baaaliament.

I trust  you feeling sheepish after that un..... :d :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

mmcv

Got two of the foot units rebased now, but noticing a slight warping on the bases. Not sure if it's because of the number of figures on the base (33), the size of the base (80x40), the quality of the base material (not Pendraken), or the unevenness of the surface they dried on.

The bottoms are magnetised so have them stuck to a baking sheet to see if that helps, but I suspect it's too bendy too...need to find something a bit more flat, solid and magnetic.

It's not major, but first time I've had the issue.

mmcv

Haven't had a whole lot of time for painting lately, but I managed to get the New Model Army foot all done. This is a mix of Pendraken figures I'd previously painted and some Newline ones mixed in for variety that I've painted this month. All rebased on 80x40mm.

https://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2021/04/29/progress-update-april-2021/

Need to sort the horse and the Royalists still, but think I need to do something else for a while as a change of pace.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner