The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV

Started by mmcv, 30 May 2020, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

It is of course in a box at the bottom of a pile of other boxes. We've been in a house moving limbo for a while now. I'll have a look when we do the next box sorting.

Techno II

I haven't used it, but the very fine copper wire you get in co-ax cables.....That shouldn't be too far off the mark !

NOT the single wire in the middle.......That's WAY, WAY too fat.  ;D ;D ;D

Florists' wire, Nobby ?.......No, no, no, no......

As Matthew has some idea of how to post piccies...(About a billion times better than me)...I'll try and send some photo's to him, in the next couple of days.......Then HE can upload them.  ;)

Cheers - A Lazy Git. ;)

fsn

Quote from: Techno II on 17 January 2021, 11:17:24 AM
There are various grades of florists wire. 5 gauge is very thin.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Quote from: Techno II on 17 January 2021, 11:17:24 AM
I haven't used it, but the very fine copper wire you get in co-ax cables.....That shouldn't be too far off the mark !

NOT the single wire in the middle.......That's WAY, WAY too fat.  ;D ;D ;D

As Matthew has some idea of how to post piccies...(About a billion times better than me)...I'll try and send some photo's to him, in the next couple of days.......Then HE can upload them.  ;)

Cheers - A Lazy Git. ;)

Haha certainly can do

mmcv

Finished up a few bases I'd mostly done last weekend.

First up Otomi warriors:

And some Tarascan Valiant Ones, a few modifications on these

Also painted and washed the royal bodyguard unit, just needs highlights and basing.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

I can't tell which ones have had the modifications which is a good sign :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Cracking work, Matthew !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.  :)

Steve J

fred.

I really like those, nice and colourful!

The basing sets them off well too, and has a Central American feel to it (not that I have any real knowledge of what Central American terrain would look like, but these give me that vibe...)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

Thanks!

Yeah Fred for the basing I used a mix of Google maps and photos (including some from my wife's trip to Mexico before I met her) for an idea. I imagine high traffic areas would have been more worn down (saw this at pictures of ruins) but out in the wilds there's a nice verdant feel.

It's also nice that I can do the basing pretty much all in one go as the flocks don't absorb as much paint and PVA as sand does so all adheres okay.

Paul, the back left and right figures have modified headgear, added quivers and on one of them a bow. The standard is a slight mutilation of one of the existing banners. The banners on the next few on the queue are more heavily modified or new creations.

Jonny

They look great! The basing is brilliant  :-bd

mmcv

The Tarascan royal bodyguard:

Few modifications here!

Also got three bases of infantry painted and washed. Hopefully it's not another week again until I can get them highlighted and based!

After that only the generals, heroes and casualties to paint and the king to tackle the sculpting on.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Quote from: mmcv on 24 January 2021, 10:30:41 AM
Paul, the back left and right figures have modified headgear, added quivers and on one of them a bow. The standard is a slight mutilation of one of the existing banners. The banners on the next few on the queue are more heavily modified or new creations.

Mmcv, my point, probably badly expressed, was that the modifications are so well done that they look as well sculpted as the original models =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Quote from: paulr on 24 January 2021, 06:56:26 PM
:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Mmcv, my point, probably badly expressed, was that the modifications are so well done that they look as well sculpted as the original models =D>

Haha no never worry I did indeed get your point, just thought I'd highlight which ones did get modified anyway!  ;D

To that, in the above image it's the two middle figures.