The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV

Started by mmcv, 30 May 2020, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb Matthew.
Will you do Red 2, 3, 4 etc?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Thanks  :)

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 November 2020, 12:43:42 PM
Superb Matthew.
Will you do Red 2, 3, 4 etc?

Already done, see http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19799.msg302470.html#msg302470

Each division of the army consists of some warriors, elites, skirmishers, heroes and a command. Gone with a consistent colour theme for each. Will do some full army pics when I get the last two commands done. Need to have a rummage and see if I've any sneaky 40x10 bases lurking in the bottom of the box. If not just awaiting an order from Leon to come through with them.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

mmcv

A little present arrived for me today, the bases to finish off my last Aztec command plus an army pack full of Greeks.  ;D

Lovely looking figures, looking forward to starting on them, though I should probably crack on with some opponents for the Aztecs first!

FierceKitty

Let us all remember those who gave us these figures as we kneel in our little nightshirts beside our beds tonight, for we are greatly indebted to them.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 09 December 2020, 11:12:14 AM
Let us all remember those who gave us these figures as we kneel in our little nightshirts beside our beds tonight, for we are greatly indebted to them.

I'm not sure that a mental image of you in a "little nightshirt" is particularly beneficial to a good night's sleep...

The horror. The horror.  X_X

But yes, great work by Phil all around!

FierceKitty

Be grateful I'm an atheist, or the image would be my nudist self in prayer!

Happy nightmares.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

Don't you ever dare, Alexander :P

Cheers - Phil ;D ;D ;D

mmcv

No longer so envious of their compatriots, the Green Team now have their leader:

Their first adversary is going to be the Tarascans, so have most of their units sorted and mounted to painting sticks. Still a couple of units of tribal allies to sort out, and will likely want to add some back banners into their mix but hopefully can get them sorted soon and the lot of them primed.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno II

mmcv

Not done much lately, but had a good run the last few days. Got the full Tarascan army prepped and primed and today got a number of the ranged units painted.

Unfortunately in a bit of additional reading in prep for painting the infantry I spotted a comment that they used hand held banners rather than back banners like the Aztecs, so the units I've affixed backbanners to are no good and I'm going to have to rethink the infantry a bit and make some modifications.

Awh well. The primed backbanner figures can be cycled into another army down the line.