The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV

Started by mmcv, 30 May 2020, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

With the Chu and Qin forces completed, the next army on the Chinese roadmap is the Han. I found a new colour, Extra Opaque Heavy Red, that matches perfectly with what my vision of them should be. It doesn't show up quite a 100% match on the photos, but you get the idea, a nice deep red:

This will be a unit of Han Crossbowmen at some point down the line, still needs a wash and a highlight. I just wanted to paint up a few test models to try out the new colour and make sure it was right for when I come back to them. I'll be putting the Chinese to the side for a bit and focusing on my Mesoamerican forces now.

First step, seeing how many of those fiddly back banners and swords survived the trip up the ladder to the roofspace and back... :-X

Techno II

Looking good, again, that man !  8)

Cheers - Phil. :)

mmcv

Having a look through the Aztecs they seem to be in reasonable shape. One force is pretty much done other than some skirmishers and a few commands, and I decided I quite liked the 40x10mm basing for infantry commands that I used for the Qin. As I don't have enough bases of that size to do them all that meant an order to our hosts. And you can't just order a few bases. So there may have been an army pack ordered too. For a new project...  X_X :-$

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Progress on the Aztecs tonight.

Banners affixed for command units and all primed.

Remaining casualty tokens all painted up.

Unit of skirmishers painted and based.

Will need to start sorting out figures for their opponents. I'm leaning towards the Tarascans who are very much archery focused compared to the melee forces of the Aztecs. The other option are the Tlaxcalans, who are a mix of melee and ranged, but they'll be more time consuming as I'll want to have a go at sculpting some if their more unique back banners, which I've not attempted before. The Tarascans on the other hand should come together fairly quickly given the archer figures paint up pretty fast given they're mostly naked.

mmcv

Skirmishers:

Casulty tokens:

Also got one of the command stands mostly painted up, just highlights and basing to do.

Then three more command stands and that'll be this army finished (for now).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Techno II

mmcv

Cheers guys. Got the commands all finished. Here's the blue command all based up. Red command is drying on its base and green command and the general are painted awaiting a basing order (though I may base the general on a 40x15 to stand out a bit more which I do have).

Will photograph the rest when ready.

Been really enjoying these, taking more time over them after batch painting all the Chinese previously. Such lovely models these. On to the next army!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno II

Very nice, indeed !! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

mmcv

Techno II

Very nice, again, Matthew. 8)

Cheers - Phil :)