The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV

Started by mmcv, 30 May 2020, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Thanks.

Back to these 15mm Japanese tanuki archers. Brightened them up with more brown on their fur and redone the clothing in brighter colours and patterns. Still not 100% happy with the faces, might try and make them a little more crisp, but getting there.

Away for a few days so time for some reading and thinking to flesh out a few ongoing projects.

Techno

Coming along very nicely, Matthew !   :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

First model painting in over a week today. A unit of chariots and a unit of spearman for the Trojan War. I have two small orders in transit with the figures I need to finish them off. Then pictures.

Techno

We LIKE pictures.  :)

Cheers - Phil. (If I get time today I might have an investigate of Imgur. Your tutorial was much appreciated !)

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Still awaiting the arrival the figures to finish off the Trojan War units I painted recently, so rolled the dice and traveled from the dusty coast of Anatolia to the tropical Mexican Highlands to paint a unit of elites.

Some quick snaps of tonight's work. The base is still drying so may touch up tomorrow.

These guys are the bodyguard of the Tlatoani (the king) and the mightiest warriors with the most captives under their belts.

Lighting isn't great but I'll take better pictures once I've the rest of the division done.

These guys were good fun to paint, lots of colour and pattern options.

Techno

Nice detail work !  :-bd

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Postie must have been on holiday, my lead packets I was expecting two weeks ago just turned up along with the rest of the post. With these I can finish off the Trojan War units I'd started. If I get time to paint anytime soon that is.

Did have a bit of a "forgot I'd ordered that" moment though for some of the figures which was nice.

mmcv

Productive afternoon today.

Got the two Trojan War units finished off and based and a third prepped.

Another division of Aztecs done too, as well as a back rank base for the bodyguard unit when I want to beef it up.

Pictures when all dried.

Likely getting some work done to the house soon so started clearing the desk too in preparation. I'm going to have to pick just a few projects to have in hand and pack the rest away to the roof space. Decisions decisions.  :-\

mmcv

From the hollow lands and valleys of Lacedaemon:

And from the island of Salamis:

As with my other Trojan War ones, I'll finish basing at the end so please ignore the bits of bluetac on the spearmen base as they would not stand up straight no matter how much I filed the bases!

Onto the Valley of Mexico now.

A unit of Eagle and Jaguar Warriors to serve as a back rank on my Bodyguard unit when I need to make it "deep":

And with the bodyguard:

And another division for the army:

Other than a few casualty markers, the generals and maybe one more skirmisher base this army is almost finished (for phase 1 of course) and I can move into their opponents, either Tlaxcalans or Tarascans.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

They look damn fine, to me !