The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV

Started by mmcv, 30 May 2020, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Yeah 2mm is quite nice for mass stuff. I've ordered up the French troops as well as some pike and shot units as planning a mini version of FK&P.

Finished up the hills:

And some 2mm terrain and building bits:

You get the idea!

Have some river pieces primed too but will likely do some figures next as tired of terrain for now.

Also got an idea for a new project. Was listening to the excellent Fall of Civilisations podcast and their Songhai episode and is discussed the 16th century Battle of Three Kings and subsequent Battle of Tondibi where the Moroccans managed to destroy the Portuguese empire then march down the Sahara and put the nail in the coffin of the Songhai empire of West Africa. Quite interesting and might be a nice renaissance project. Had considered 6mm but actually there's all those nice Elizabethan figures for the Portuguese and Ottomans for the Moroccans and I'm sure Songhai can be scrubbed up from the Sudan and Islamic ranges so may be a 10mm... One for future, I've enough at the moment...plus the Greeks, Romans and Japanese are all crying out to be the next new project. After I get one of the ongoing finished!

Techno

I especially like the hills !! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Major problem with the buildings is painiting the windows
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Nice work on the terrain front and the Songhai project sounds fun.

mmcv

Quote from: Techno on 26 July 2020, 07:03:26 AM
I especially like the hills !! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Thanks, I spent a lot of time fiddling with the big one before I was happy with it. Still think it looks a little like a well concealed tank but is reasonably hilly with figures beside it. Kept it basic with the low one.

Quote from: ianrs54 on 26 July 2020, 07:25:04 AM
Major problem with the buildings is painiting the windows

Agreed. Not really an issue at 2mm thankfully.

Quote from: Steve J on 26 July 2020, 07:26:08 AM
Nice work on the terrain front and the Songhai project sounds fun.

Definitely one for "The List".

Techno

Quote from: mmcv on 26 July 2020, 08:16:25 AM
Still think it looks a little like a well concealed tank but is reasonably hilly with figures beside it. Kept it basic with the low one.

Now you mention it.  ;)

Seriously...No, it doesn't !.......I think they all look cracking !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Busy week this week but did get these two bases of Qin infantry done:

Along with the July update: http://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2020/07/31/projects-update-july-2020/

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

They certainly are ! :)

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Thanks!

Some reinforcements arrived recently from Newline and IM. Of course I realised now that they've arrived, Newline are having a sale. So spent the evening going through what I have and what I need to round out a few projects so another order in...

Also pondering an order to MM to pad out some Trojan War units but then I'd also be tempted to sample their 3mm feudal Japanese so should maybe hold off...

Some more Chinese on the painting desk next.

mmcv

Chinese still on the painting desk with only primer on, busy week, but did slap a base coat on some river pieces to use in a game this afternoon. Battle report will follow.

mmcv

Slow going this month, but got these Qin cavalry finished up, fairly quick paint job on them.

No matter how often I brush them off there always manages to be a stray bit of static grass somewhere on the models when I photo!

Back onto the 15mm models now to see if I can brighten them up a bit.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno